by RJEB1994

Original Post

[XB1] Continuous Game Time Advancing Problem

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? EP04: 1.assets.live-ep04.118
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSION PACKS: Eco Lifestyle Discover University Island Living Get Famous Seasons Cats & Dogs City Living Get Together Get to Work GAME PACKS: Realm Of Magic StrangerVille Jungle Adventure Parenthood Vampires Dine Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat STUFF PACKS: Tiny Living Stuff Moschino Stuff My First Pet Stuff Laundry Day Stuff Toddler Stuff Fitness Stuff Bowling Night Stuff Vintage Glamour Stuff Backyard Stuff Kids Room Stuff Romantic Garden Stuff Movie Hangout Stuff Spooky Stuff Cool Kitchen Stuff Perfect Patio Stuff Luxury Party Stuff FREE PACKS: Holdiday Celebration Grim's Goulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim go to work or sleep. Save the game. Exit the game. Reload the game and as the game is on the blue loading screen and loads your save file the game clock will be advanced forward.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game seems to advance in game clock while the game is on the BLUE loading screen with the green plumbob. This seems to happen when any in game interaction happens that can automatically fast forward game time such as your sim being at work, or your sim sleeping.
What do you expect to see? Game time should REMAIN paused during loading and ONLY AFTER the loading screen goes away should the game resume normal game speed unless player directed otherwise.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have made this bug report a few times so feel free to compile it with the other 2 times I made this report BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE THE DEVS SEE THIS AS I AM GOING TO EXPLAIN THE EXACT AND FULL STEPS I TAKE IN MY GAME UP UNTIL THE POINT THIS BUG HAPPENS.

FIRST OF ALL I want to point out that after being the 4th time this bug has happened to my game, from what I can tell based on other people's "game time" bug reports this problem seems to occur in City Living Apartments in San Muyshuno. I have not lived in any house lot or any other lot except for an aprtment when this bug happens to me so I can not confirm if this happens other than in apartments.

SECOND OF ALL from what I can tell this bug seems to happen mostly during interactions that will automatically fast forward time such as your sim going to work or your sim sleeping during the night time.

MY EXACT PLATFORM AND SPECIFICATIONS:

Microsoft XBOX One S 1 TB Console
Recent CONSOLE UPDATE/PATCH

STORAGE:

INTERNAL HARD DRIVE : 1 TB (345.4 GB free of 780.9 GB)

EXTERNAL USB SATA HARD DRIVE : 5 TB (2.3 TB free of 4.5 TB)

HERE ARE MY EXACT SETTINGS, SIM INFORMATION AND GAME STEPS:

GAME SETTINGS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

GAMEPLAY OPTIONS:

Autonomy: FULL
Disable Autonomy for Selected Sim: YES
Auto Age (Played Sims): YES
Auto Age (Unplayed Sims): YES
Sim Lifespan: LONG
Traditional Social Menu: NO
Fill Empty Homes: YES
Show Whims: YES
Build Mode Items Grant Gameplay Effects: YES

Sim Count: 1/150
Maximum Sim Count: 150 Max Recommended

SEASONS OPTIONS:

Season Length: 28 DAYS
Rain Options: RAIN AND THUNDERSTORMS
Snow Options: SNOW AND BLIZZARDS
Enable Tenperature Effects on Sims: YES

GET FAMOUS OPTIONS:

Sims Begin Opted Out of Fame: NO

ECO LIFESTYLE OPTIONS:

Enable NPC Voting: YES
Enable Eco Footprint Gameplay: YES

MY EXACT STEPS IN GAME:

- I started a brand new game and save file.
- I created my sim and chose all his outfits.
- I moved my sim into CULPEPPER APARTMENTS in SAN MYSHUNO
- After the game's initial loading screen into my new home, BEFORE I did anything else, I left my sim standing by the elevator, PAUSED the game time, SAVED my game then went into MANAGE WORLDS
- In MANAGE WORLDS I built my own version of NEWCREST by placing buildings from the MAXIS pre made (PRE FURNISHED) LOTS. 1 SIMERPLEX CINEMA (LOUNGE), 1 THE NIGHTCLUB (NIGHTCLUB), 1 GET FIT GYM (GYM), 1 OASIS SPRINGS DUST BOWL (BAR), 1 SUNNYSIDE UP DINER (RESTARAUNT), 1 NEWCREST PUBLIC LIBRARY (LIBRARY), 1 PERFECT BALANCE SPA (SPA), 1 ENCHANTED SPRINGS (POOL), 1 LOST GARDENS OF HEALING ( NATIONAL PARK), 1 WILLOW MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS (MUSEUM), 1 NEWCREST PARK (PARK), 3 RESIDENTIAL LOTS.
- I RENAMED Oasis Dust Bowl to Newcrest Bowling Alley, and I RENAMED Willow Museum of Fine Arts to Newcrest Museum Of Arts.
- I moved in HOUSEHOLDS from the premade MAXIS made GALLERY into 3 of the homes I placed in NEWCREST, MERGING 2 single sim households into 1 lot.
-I went to WORLD SELECTION
- I then went to WILLOW CREEK, OASIS SPRINGS, WINDENBURG, SAN MYSHUNO, FORGOTTEN HOLLOW, BRINDLETON BAY, STRANGERVILLE, and SULANI and placed PREMADE households from MAXIS made GALLERY into the STARTER HOMES, MERGING some SINGLE sim households together depending on the number of beds available.
- I placed any and ALL PREMADE households that I placed into OTHER HOUSEHOLDS making them NON PLAYED/NON CONTROLLED households
- I then went back into SAN MYSHUNO
- I clicked MY OWN household with my CREATED SIM, and loaded back into his lot.
-Keeping my sim PAUSED by the elevator, I went into BUILD/BUY MODE and FURNISHED my lot with essentials (FRIDGE, STOVE, COUNTERS, KITCHEN SINK, DINING TABLE, 2 DINING CHAIRS, LIGHTS, TOILET, SHOWER, BATHROOM SINK, SOFA, LIVINGROOM TABLE, SMALL TV, 2 LAMPS, DRESSER, BIG BED, 2 END TABLES, 2 BED LAMPS, 1 CLOTHESLINE ON THE BALCONY, 1 CLOTHES HAMPER, 1 LAUNDRY WASHTUB, 1 KITCHEN TRASH CAN)
- After furnishing my lot I went back into LIVE mode.
- I play the whole game in FIRST PERSON CAMERA MODE.
-I went into FIRST PERSON MODE and UNPAUSED the GAME TIME and played the game normally.
-I sat my sim down and got a job as a TECH GURU
- Lived my sim's life normally talking to neighbors (PREMADE GALLERY, and NPCS) and making friends and Fullfilling my sim's NEEDS
- The NEXT DAY I did the EXACT SAME thing: lived my sim's regular life talking to other sims, TRAVELLED to NEWCREST to meet BABS L'AMOUR (PREMADE GALLERY SIM) made friends with her, then travelled back HOME and invited her with me back to home.
-We loaded back into my HOME LOT and interacted for the rest of the day while I fullfilled my sim's needs and whims until she left and my sim went to bed for the night. I put NO TRESPASSING to DISSALLOW VAMPIRES
- THE NEXT DAY (WORK DAY) I woke my sim up, went to the bathroom to satisfy toilet need, had a shower, brushed my sim's teeth, Cooked breakfast, watched TV, then sent my sim to work.
-WHILE MY SIM WAS AT WORK, I wanted to buy some things so I went into BUILD/BUY MODE.
-FRAMERATES DROPPED DRAMATICALLY WHILE IN BUILD/BUY MODE and GAME GOT LAGGY
- Because of the Framrate drop and lag I decided to SAVE my game WHILE MY SIM WAS GONE AT WORK.
- AFTER I saved my game I CLOSED to MAIN MENU.
- I CLOSED the game app until I was back at my XBOX dashboard
-I REOPENED the game app.
-INSTEAD OF THE BIG PLAY BUTTON on the MAIN TITLE screen I clicked LOAD GAME
- I clicked MY SAVE GAME 1 and loaded into my RECENT SAVE
-WHILE the gane was LOADING on the BIG BLUE screen with GREEN PLUMBOB and LOADING BAR, my game ADVANCED IN GAME TIME, as when the loading screen finished my sim was DONE work for 1 whole in game hour, and was standing at the elevator for that whole hour
-The game was still in fast forward (even though I saved my game while my sim was at work in NORMAL game time(I DOUBLE CHECKED TO MAKE SURE GAME CLOCK IS NORMAL MODE OR PAUSED BEFORE EACH AND EVERY MANUAL SAVE) so I had to press LEFT BUMPER on my controller to switch back to normal time.
- DURING this bug I missed an invite to an event with my new friend BABS and my sims needs were basically all wiped out.

Those are my EXACT STEPS since the devs seem like they Can not reproduce the problem to fix it. I don't know what else to explain or do to help them fix this problem so I just wrote a long (as detailed as I can) paragraph explaining exactly what I did in game to get this bug to happen. I am hoping the devs can fix this problem as it seems to be an ongoing problem on all consoles and platforms and for some reason the devs can't figure it out. So if we can get a dev to go on an XBOX ONE S and use my exact game settings and do exactly what I did in my steps and hopefully reproduce the problem then maybe it can finally get fixed since if I recall the first time this bug was reported was like 1 or 2 years ago so I would have expected this problem to be fixed already as its really ruining the experience when My game time advances without me telling it to, causing my sim to miss out on alot of things and alot of needs. PLEASE FIX THIS DEVS.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all Caps from title, Added Console Tag

Message 1 of 2 (273 Views)

Re: [XB1] Continuous Game Time Advancing Problem

Hero (Retired)

@RJEB1994 Apologies for the delay, your issue actually sounds like two different bugs that have been reported. If your game is up to date with the latest patch 1.28 and this issue is still happening, please use the following bug reports for your issue.

[PS4] Severe FPS loss (Lagging) when entering/exiting Build Mode

[XB1] [PS4] Loading Screen Advances Game Time

Message 2 of 2 (199 Views)