[XB1] Crashes

by gingerrrninjerr

Original Post

Re: Xbox One crashing for Sims 4

★★★ Novice

Mine is doing the same! I’ve tried the trouble shooting examples & still it crashes almost every time I save or travel. The game is completely unplayable right now 

Message 31 of 666 (2,542 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@PoptartJuniper @shaunathedream25  

i would love, love a solution. my game has been unplayable for 20 days now. every evening i power on hoping for the best but expecting the inevitable crashes. i too have tried and retried every troubleshooting step by step. is anybody offering any other solutions other than the same 4 or 5 in the link that gets attached to almost every message?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/CURRENT-ISSUE-Save-Error-22/m-p/8724415/highligh...

i've replied via the forum and twitter directly to @SimGuruNick 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/CURRENT-ISSUE-Save-Error-22/m-p/8768162#M6510

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/CURRENT-ISSUE-Save-Error-22/m-p/8768777#M6514

am waiting on a reply.

Message 32 of 666 (2,526 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ive had this issue with the game since June 2019 had all packs and it constantly crashed and went to xbox dashboard when i did anything id play for about 5 minutes and it would crash, if i did anything on build mode, tried to travel, anything like that, it would just crash and got to the xbox dashboard.

i went on to this forum to see if anyone can any solutions to it and lots of other people were having the same issue and all EA were coming back with was clear caches, deleting data or the game or trying to say its an issue with Xbox not the game. 

The issue has been happening for a long time, its a problem with the game, not the console. People are spending loads of money on the expansion packs to not be able to even play the game with the packs they have brought its ridiculous and EA are not fixing it. I havent been on the game in months because of it and when i did go on it to see if it was fixed the save wouldnt even load. 

Message 33 of 666 (2,472 Views)

[XB1] Game keeps crashing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23.61.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic Stuff Packs: Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game in live mode with the same packs installed, same version and the game will eventually crash. It happens most often when travelling to other lots.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes to a black screen taking me to the Xbox home page.
What do you expect to see? I expect my game not to crash frequently every time I play the game in live mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.23.61.2300

My Sims 4 game on Xbox One keeps crashing. The game only crashes in live mode but it doesn't occur in build mode. It can take 5 minutes to and 1 hour for it to occur. This only started happening with the latest patch and it has left the game virtually unplayable. 

Message 34 of 666 (2,474 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 game on Xbox One keeps crashing.

★★★★ Apprentice

It seems to be With the Sims 4 fix one bug get two more, I remember this same problem back around 2018 but its not as severe as it once was but it is still infuriating because of the long load times. I am thankful the the harvestable bug is gone but it seems like when something major gets fixed something else gets broken. The Simulation Lag has gotten pretty bad over the last few updates now we're cursed with crashing whats next corrupted saves god I hope not. I own all but Uninversity, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler & Kids Room DLCs. I have uninstalled reinstalled on A (A Volution External HDD) I have also tried to reinstall it on my Xbox One Hard Drive yet this solves nothing. I swear EA needs to get final approval from QA before releasing updates I swear it feels like the Gaming community are testing the updates for them And they get to patching them when they feel like it.

Message 35 of 666 (2,448 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 game on Xbox One keeps crashing.

★ Apprentice
@GoldenNyte You comments brought me to tears. Same thing is happening to us!
Message 36 of 666 (2,288 Views)

[XB1] Crashes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? GP06: 1.assets.live-gp06.97
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Spooky stuff, Moschino, Tiny Living, Bowling, Patio, Fitness.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know, it just crashes 8/10 times when I want to do something.
What happens when the bug occurs? During travel loading screens, saving, entering or exiting build mode, and sometimes just clicking on something or moving around, the game will crash to a black screen for a second, then goes back to the XBox home screen. This has been happening for a while but is getting more frequent. It happens almost every time I try to travel anywhere.
What do you expect to see? The game should not crash. I should be able to send my sim to other lots and build houses without an issue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been happening increasingly after accessing the gallery for the first time a few weeks ago. It rarely crashed before. I have downloaded houses for almost every slot in every world. I kept some from the game and kept my own. The more houses I have in game, the more it crashes, but I don’t see why I should remove houses. Having full worlds should not be an issue, otherwise why put so many blank lots in the first place?

My game is crashing every few minutes because I want my sim to visit every part of every world. I should be able to do this without having to reload again and again. I make sure to save every few minutes, especially before leaving a location.

As well as crashing, the game freezes for a few seconds every few minutes. This has been happening since before I first accessed the gallery. This doesn’t seem to cause crashes, but it is irritating.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have tried toggling Share Usage Data to off. I have tried a complete factory restore of my XBox. Nothing has worked long term.

(CM: Thread merged)

Message 37 of 666 (2,552 Views)

Re: Constant crashing on XBox One

★★★ Novice
@gingerrrninjerr Same! The constant crashing is starting to give me anxiety so I think it's best I go play something else for a while until a permanent fix is found. Plus the issue of my actors not going to work, Sims not getting aspiration credit for reading to children, and the obsessive "reacting in disgust" every 3 seconds is going to drive me nuts!
Message 38 of 666 (2,510 Views)

Re: Game Breaking Crash

★ Apprentice

I’m not really sure how this things works, so I will ask you since you seem to be the only one responding. Is someone from EA going to look into this and work on a solution?  It seems really disheartening that no one from EA is responding to this and it has been two months on this post and TWO YEARS on the previous thread that this was discussed on.  The problem was so prevalent that I just uninstalled university and play the game with less crashes (though they do happen still).  I should try to get my money back but if EA doesn’t care enough to even send one person to respond to this then why would they care about offering a refund on a clearly broken product. 

Message 39 of 666 (2,230 Views)

Re: Constant crashing on XBox One

★★★ Apprentice

I just loaded my game for the first time today, went to build mode to get a vet station because I knew if I took my dog to the vet it would crash. I thought I’d save it in build mode just in case, and you guessed it, it crashed while saving... I’m at a loss!

I can’t say I’ve had the other problems you mentioned, though.

Message 40 of 666 (2,486 Views)