by EA_Mai

Original Post

[XB1] Clock off

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play my game. Or olay your game if you have the same problem.
What happens when the bug occurs? It will say someone has stopped an activity but they haven’t. Like it will show my astronaut character as having come home and still display windows describing sit me event in space. Or it will say she is at work and was supposed to be home by 5 and it’s 7 or so. Same happens on other saves. A child will leave for school late but is not apparently late to school.
What do you expect to see? Alignment between what’s actually going on/supposed to be going on and what other cues are being given.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Game is freezing; characters are not consistently following commands whether in full auto or if auto is disabled. The whole game is a mess.

Message 1 of 7 (1,267 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [XB1] Clock off

EA app Team
Hi @PuppyofJam,

Thanks for the report. I'm not sure I fully understand what's happening, just to clarify: is the game clock showing the wrong time, and your Sims are performing the actions like going to school or work later/earlier than the game clock suggests? So for example, the game clock is always 2h early, and your Sims go to school/work 2h later than they should?

-Mai
Message 2 of 7 (1,238 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
That was just an example. I’m not sure if it’s always the same amount of time. The characters often are stuck and unresponsive although the clock is still going as well. I don’t know if that’s part of the same bug or not.
Message 3 of 7 (1,233 Views)

EA app Team
Thanks for clarifying, @PuppyofJam.

Regarding Sims not following commands, could it be the same issue that other players have reported here?: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/XB-Sim-won-t-accept-queued-commands/m-p/6448223#M53103

Thanks!
-Mai
Message 4 of 7 (1,224 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yes that happens too. Sometimes the action does drop down and is still not performed right away. And it seems very inconsistent so it may be several issues going on that behave similarly.
Message 5 of 7 (1,216 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Here’s an example of the sticking problem. It’s as though part of the game does not acknowledge a command. I’m not sure if it’s related to the clock issue or not. The clock keeps running, the current action shows as cancelled but the Sim does not move. This results in very poor gameplay. In the first pic, the Sim has to use the bathroom so the current action is cancelled but she sits there while the clock runs and her need becomes more urgent. Then she would not take a bath, leaves the area, falls asleep outside, will not follow a command to bathe and instead chats with another Sim until she falls asleep on the spot. Characters frequently spend 3 hours going to the bathroom, eating a cupcake, ...simple things that would take 2 minutes or sometimes less wind up making them miss work. Very aggravating!!
Message 6 of 7 (1,191 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
And another example - I checked a Sim’s career icon to see when work started and it said “4 days” so I started her on a task. Next thing you know that thing is flashing red and she’s missing work.
Message 7 of 7 (1,170 Views)