by SimGuruJoystick

Original Post

[XB1] [CL] Uninvited guest/ no option to ask to leave/ apartment lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.13.96.2300 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Standard and city living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Uninvited guests come into city living residents, without the option to "ask to leave." Lot types are residential and apartment lots (Old Salt House an 2b Jasmine Suites). The option to change lot type, "Apartment" is not able to be changed, which I understand.
What do you expect to see? I managed to sort out the Old Salt House issue (somehow). It's been a while, so I can't recall. However, the 2b Jasmine Suite lot I have not. I have the Pancake trio living there now. They don't interact much with outside sims. One day a random worker (also the issue with the previous experience) of the city showed up in the hallway. Once my sims woke up, she invited herself in to use the bathroom, eat, and stay! My sims weren't happy with her at all. The only thing I could do was ask her to "go away" but she would still be on the premises. If I lock the door, that makes it super inconvenient for other guests who haven't earned the option to be given a key and I frankly don't want to give the key out to everyone. Also, the NPC just literally stays! And in the hallways if the door is locked! She'll pass out from not sleeping, etc,etc. So, I eventually evicted the household to move them back in. However, this is a band aid of a solution. I am not sure how to prevent this from happening, moving forward.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 2 (369 Views)

Re: [XB1] [CL] Uninvited guest/ no option to ask to leave/ apartment lot

EA Sims Team

Hi there!

Do these visiting NPC's live in the apartment?  If so, and if these NPC's have the Insane or Goofball trait, this is by design.

If the NPC's don't live in the apartment, or if they live in the apartment but don't have the Insane or Goofball trait, we can look into it.

If not, do you have any toddlers on your lot? Thanks!

Message 2 of 2 (343 Views)