by BeamyComet

Original Post

[XB1] Bugs with Latest 1.10 patch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? V 1.10
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Perfect patio, vintage Glamour, Dine out, Vampires, City living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1- placing a glass roof on a large room 2- Game is laggy once in a save (fixed after loading game a few times) 3 - Can't place floor tiles above rooms and walls.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1- the shadows from the roof glitch out 2 - playing the game with 6 Sims on one lot when game boots (fixed) 3 - When placing the floor on grid I get a 'must be applied to top of room' error (worked with Sims 3 and 2)
What do you expect to see? 1 - shadows to be seen normally from the roof 2 - buttery smooth gameplay (fixed) 3 - top of the one floor room to be covered with wooden flooring (basically a wooden ceiling)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the latest September 6th patch on Xbox one Came with glass roofs, gardening update, Caribbean content

Check my twitter account

@BeamyComet

Message 1 of 7 (1,295 Views)

Re: Sims 4 console bugs with Latest 1.10 patch

EA Sims Team

Hello @BeamyComet

We're looking into the glass roof issue. 

Regarding the lag, can you provide more details?  Which lot/world are you playing in? 

Would you be willing to share a video showing the lag?  If so, instructions are here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 7 (1,266 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, the glass roof bug is REALLY awful!
I just wanted to put a glass roof over a pool and then I saw the shadows glitching around like crazy.
Could even trigger epilepsy :O

Message 3 of 7 (1,057 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have had the same issue, it keeps going both in build mode and live mode! Its horrible!

Message 4 of 7 (923 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue on my Xbox. It's like demon fingernails coming out of the roof and going everywhere. It's terrible and it causes my game to lag and then freeze. I'm not playing until this issue is resolved.

Message 5 of 7 (851 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The lag is fixed but I found another issue regarding the build and buy mode with placing floors. The post has been updated

@SimQARobo

Message 6 of 7 (711 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @BeamyComet

Thanks for the update!. However it is always better for us if you add the new info in a new post instead of editing the info Standard smile

That way we can properly track everything!

Thanks again! And happy simming! :D

Message 7 of 7 (695 Views)