by RenasaiHaru

Original Post

[XB1] Body type does not copy to dark form

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? v1.20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS with a premade vampire, select the three dots above "Copy sim to dark form" and check only the body type. Give the human version of the sim a different body shape and weight than the dark form version. Switch to the dark form version and try to copy the human verson's body weight to the dark form version.
What happens when the bug occurs? The "copy body type to dark form" option does not work. I repeatedly tried with one teen sim, who was a vampire and it did not work for multiple times. Then I pressed "all" and the copy human body type randomly started working. Then I unchecked "all" and only clicked the body type selection and it starting copying the human body type to his dark form how it should. However, with the next teen vampire sim, the "select all then unselect all" trick did not work anymore. I am unable to copy his human body type to his dark form.
What do you expect to see? The occult body type should be able to be copied to it's human form body type and vice versa.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've made sure to click "unlink" as it blacks out the copy button anyways. It just randomly decides not to work for all my other sims. I had copied one vampire's human body type to his dark form like I had wanted, but when I clicked over to my next vampire with the same exact unchanged options selected, it did nothing. They were both born vampires, in case that helps.

Message 1 of 8 (1,275 Views)

Re: [XB1] Body type does not copy to dark form

Hero
@RenasaiHaru Maybe it's an issue with teens ? Does it work every time on adults ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,245 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Nope, I just checked and it's a problem for adults too.

Message 3 of 8 (1,198 Views)

Hero
@RenasaiHaru Could be an XB1 issue then.

I think I tested this when you first reported and wasn't able to duplicate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,186 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@RenasaiHaru  Did you unlink the forms, make your changes to the human body and then relink the forms? Did the changes carry over then?

Message 5 of 8 (1,178 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, everything except accessories, makeup, and (sometimes) body type.

Message 6 of 8 (1,164 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@RenasaiHaru  Are you using cheats to edit the body type in the CAS of premade vampires or just pulling the body into a new shape with the existing tools?

Message 7 of 8 (1,158 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes I used Cas.fulleditmode

Message 8 of 8 (1,141 Views)