by AprilTheSimmer96

Original Post

[XB] Textures turning black and CAS not displaying items correctly

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.4.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, luxury party stuff, laundry day stuff, snow escape, vintage Glamour stuff, bowling night stuff, cats and dogs, my first pet stuff, outdoor retreat, toddler stuff, dream home decorator, dine out, movie hang out stuff, gnome on the go, spa day, kids room stuff, parenthood, backyard stuff, Moschino stuff, city living, get famous, get to work, cottage living, get together, seasons, cool kitchen stuff, High School Years, Courtyard Oasis, Decor to the max, Desert Luxe,Discover University, eco lifestyle, fitness stuff, incheon arrivals, industrial loft, Little campers, moonlight chic,My wedding Stories,paranormal, perfect patio,spooky stuff,Vibing Streamer gear,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The first time it happened, I bulldozed my lot and placed a new one from the gallery. The second time, I pressed change sim, went to CAS, pressed done, and the lot was messed up
What happens when the bug occurs? Certain textures are turning completely black. In CAS, darker skin tones than the one I have on my sims is appearing with certain hairs. The same thing is true for certain clothing items.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see everything rendering properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The Sims™ 4 2022-11-01 19-25-11.pngThe Sims™ 4 2022-11-01 19-21-29.pngThe Sims™ 4 2022-11-01 18-30-31.pngThe Sims™ 4 2022-11-01 17-48-37.png

The Sims™ 4 2022-10-30 17-57-41.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 2 (1,218 Views)

Re: Textures turning black and CAS not displaying items correctly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

It's happened to me too (I'm on Xbox One). Moving off the lot into a new one seemed to help (I think living on a smaller lot). It happened in my old save about a year ago where my Sim's kids with the Creature Keeper got back from uni and objects just randomly were black once I loaded onto the lot. Though I think it followed my Sim to the house with the two pools in Del Sol Valley (the starter home was fine) because stuff eventually started turning black there too. 

You might have to start a new save if it keeps happening and you can't load into your household without the game crashing. But if you don't want to if that starts happening, unfortunately you'll have to move your Sims out to a smaller home and if you choose to keep the furniture trying to save photos (if you took any) it won't work and your photos will be lost and if I remember correctly most objects from the old house won't be added to the Household Inventory (my Sims lived in the Watson house when this first happened to me). 

I think the weird/missing textures also happen with this bug since it only happened to me when the objects would turn black. 

This bug is the reason I'm afraid of living on 64x64 lots now, lol. I think it only seems to happen on those since I've been fine on lots smaller than that (never happened to me on 50x50 lots). 

Also almost forgot to note this happened to me on the Villareal lot too when my Sim lived there (I think sometime after getting Get Together and moving from the Watson house). 

Second note to add: I was fine in the Watson house until I got DU and moved my Sim's kids I mentioned to the dorms to go through University (don't know if it matters but they went to Britechester). Played as them until they graduated and when I moved them back in with my Sim the bug started.

But since you didn't mention your Sims going to university I don't really know what causes it. I just thought to put that second note in case it's helpful in some way with finding what causes the bug. 

Edit: Just checked and it first happened to me November 7th of last year in case that info could also be needed somehow. 

Another edit, I'm sorry; just remembered this: The Hound's Head lot in Brindleton Bay also worked fine when I had my Sim move there soon after getting the Cats & Dogs/My First Pet bundle (got it May 25 of last year). So idk if an update broke 64x64 lots and made them buggy like that or if something else could be causing it.

Message 2 of 2 (1,182 Views)