[FIXED] [XB/PS] Can't raise or Lower walls/Toggle floor (D-Pad Patch)

by Pagankm18

Original Post

Re: [XB/PS][Current Issue] Can't raise or Lower walls, use D-Pad Patch 1.39

★★★★★ Novice

I'll check it out. Thanks

Message 51 of 372 (6,252 Views)

Re: [XB/PS][Current Issue] Can't raise or Lower walls, use D-Pad Patch 1.39

★★★★★ Novice

Yes. This worked. Thank you. For anyone who uses this, you will have to reset the game settings to your liking, again.

Message 52 of 372 (6,246 Views)

Build/Live Mode Bug, can't go up/down floor/story and can't put walls up/down

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP07: 1.assets.live-ep07.134
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats And Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm Of Magic, Journey To Batuu, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal, Throwback Fit Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build mode or live mode and try to go up or down a story and/or try to put the walls up or down
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't change which floor of the house I'm on or change whether the walls are up or down.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to go up or down floors in both build and live mode, I also expect to be able to put the walls up or down
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Removed Duplicate Template.

Message 53 of 372 (6,226 Views)

Re: Build/Live Mode Bug, can't go up/down floor/story and can't put walls up/dow

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@LizPlaysSomeSims I've merged your post into the current thread for this issue. Please read the marked post in the thread for a fix.

As you are on XBox, I am not certain you can delete the necessary file because it's possibly stored in the cloud and not local. You need to delete the userdata file that has your user settings and the user agreement in it.

Message 54 of 372 (6,207 Views)

Can’t put walls down/up & switch floors

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Xbox Series S
What is your current game version number? 1.39.7.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs. Stuff packs: paranormal, nifty knitting, laundry day, toddler, vintage glamour, backyard, movie hangout, spooky, cool kitchen, and luxury party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into your lot and try to put the walls up or down and try to switch floors.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t put any walls up or down and I can’t switch between floors.
What do you expect to see? The walls should go up or down and I should be able to switch between floors at any given point while on the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Bug came after the most recent update.

Ever since the new update, I haven’t been able to put my walls down or up on my lot, nor have I been able to switch floors like normal. Don’t know what’s going on.

Message 55 of 372 (6,207 Views)

Walls up/down and floor up/down buttons not working in live mode or build buy mo

★ Apprentice

Platform:Xbox Series X
What is your current game version number? GP05:1.assets.live-gp05.207
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dineout, spa day, outdoor retreat, moshino, laundry room, movie hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to change the walls to up/down/cutout or try to go to second floor, any actions using the d pad controls, in live mode and/or build buy. (Works in free cam mode)
What happens when the bug occurs? Walls won't go up or down, and can't change floors in live mode or build buy mode. Have to change to free cam mode to accomplish any of these actions.
What do you expect to see? Expect to be able to use the controls (D pad) that are mapped to these actions.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. March 2021 patch

Platform:Xbox Series X
What is your current game version number? GP05:1.assets.live-gp05.207
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dineout, spa day, outdoor retreat, moshino, laundry room, movie hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to change the walls to up/down/cutout or try to go to second floor, any actions using the d pad controls, in live mode and/or build buy. (Works in free cam mode)
What happens when the bug occurs? Walls won't go up or down, and can't change floors in live mode or build buy mode. Have to change to free cam mode to accomplish any of these actions.
What do you expect to see? Expect to be able to use the controls (D pad) that are mapped to these actions.
Please describe the patch or change you made. March 2021 patch.

Message 56 of 372 (6,233 Views)

Re: Walls up/down and floor up/down buttons not working in live mode or build bu

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issues on PS4. For me the issues occur sometimes, haven’t been able to figure out what triggers them yet.

Message 57 of 372 (6,186 Views)

Re: Can’t put walls down/up & switch floors

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LavenderJo @82356gj6gz

Merged your posts with the main thread. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 372 (6,180 Views)

Re: Walls up/down and floor up/down buttons not working in live mode or build bu

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@mnon11 Please share your PS4 save as requested. The marked post in this thread has directions for a fix and save share instructions. D-Pad controls stop working 

Message 59 of 372 (6,174 Views)

Help

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.39.7.3400 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape island living get famous cats & dogs get to work realm of magic vampires kids room stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know what that means it’s not happening for everyone in my group Thats why I came here
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t go up floors with the controls so I have to always click auto solve which takes the fun out of playing I can only put the walls down on the first floor as well even when I get to the second floor I can’t put the walls down
What do you expect to see? To work & play like normal
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can’t put my walls up & down except on the first floor & I can’t get to any other floors 

Message 60 of 372 (6,153 Views)