Re: [XB/PS][Need Saves] Can't raise or Lower walls, use D-Pad Patch 1.39

by Bearpal64

Original Post

Sims 4 walls will not go down ps4

★★★ Newbie

I have recently been experiencing a issue where the game  It is not allowing me to put the walls down or go up-and-down levels. For weeks I was looking at different forums and ways to fix this I finally tried the the delete user data  On the playstation profile that I was on for that Sims game that I was trying to load Option that was on one of the forums and that didn't even fix it and I'm worried that if I were to buy a brand new PS4 for myself because I'm currently using my exes,  I'm really worried that it will continue to the new console 

Message 291 of 372 (834 Views)

Re: Sims 4 walls will not go down ps4

Hero (Retired)

@AlexandriaVirgo I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

The issue is a game bug. It will appear after a time on your new console also. You can read through this thread for other advice, but ultimately it's a bug in the game.

Message 292 of 372 (830 Views)

Re: Can’t go up or down freely

★★★ Newbie
@PoptartJuniper This made me loose everything!!! Have been on the phone to Microsoft and they’ve told me that’s what to do when you want to erase everything. Is there anything I can do to retrieve all my games Ive lost ?? Please help
Message 293 of 372 (792 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@wwhaptheowitwwa Sorry to hear you lost all your saves, that's very upsetting and frustrating.

The instructions do not include deleting any saved data, only the reserve space file on XBox, so I am uncertain what you deleted that would have caused you to lose all your data. Unfortunately, if you deleted your saves from your console and the cloud, there is no retrieving them.
Message 294 of 372 (784 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PoptartJuniper Thanks so much for your response. I can’t remember where I read the instructions or if it was a separate post. But followed the steps to delete all saved data. Someone had wrote that it would not remove the data off the cloud. However I am not even sure if I have the option to save to cloud as whenever I looked nothing came up. I suppose I will have to accept I’ve lost it all 😣
Message 295 of 372 (780 Views)

★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper You're a life saver. The reserved space trick worked for my Series X.

Thanks!
Message 296 of 372 (705 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I have found that if I use the dpad at all in build mode switching back to live mode disables the dpad wall and floor levels functions completely and the only way to fix it is to exit the game completely.

Message 297 of 372 (664 Views)

Re: [XB/PS] [NEED VIDEO] Can't raise or Lower walls/Toggle floor (D-Pad Patch)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this issue as well in version 1.48. I've tried deleting saved files but it didn't work. The left on the d pad to raise or lower walls isn't even on the controls screen. Please fix this asap I can't build anything if I can't see it

Message 298 of 372 (574 Views)

Re: [XB/PS] [NEED VIDEO] Can't raise or Lower walls/Toggle floor (D-Pad Patch)

★ Guide

The issue is now worse with scenarios. It’s not happening only after entering the CAS, but also just traveling and putting builds from the gallery makes the D pad disabled. And also I noticed X button stops working from time to time so I’m not even able to save the game when this occurs. It’s definitely scenarios because I have other saves without them and no such problem with x button there and the D pad issue happens only after entering the CAS and even that not always. Scenarios seems so broken, shame because I really like the break up one.

Message 299 of 372 (541 Views)

Re: Can't raise or lower floors and walls (PS4)

★★★ Novice

This will delete the save indefinitely and should be taken down as advice. It’s very easy to delete the entire cloud save doing it this way, especially if people do not have the upgraded account on Xbox. The ONLY solution to this is to completely exit the game. Just restarting the console doesn’t do this, depending on how you restart. Xbox does not recommend hard restarting your Xbox. 
1. click the middle button (Xbox symbol) in the middle of the controller 

2. scroll to Sims 4

3. Click the right button under the button you just clicked with 3 horizontal lines 

4. Click quit

5. give it just a couple minutes and then go back to Home Screen (it should automatically take you there. If not, click b or the Xbox logo on the controller

6. Click Sims 4 to restart your game and it should work fine. Every time it messes up, you have to do this. You don’t have to delete anything. 
7. Xbox is not like a ps4. This is how you exit games. If the Xbox sits idle for a few days, it will exit out of all games. Otherwise, the games sit in like a a minimized window on a laptop. It’s like your laptop is in sleep mode versus being restart when you turn off the Xbox. It is made by microsoft. I hope that makes sense. 😃😀

happy gaming!! 

Message 300 of 372 (494 Views)