Re: Controller buttons stop working after CAS

by MediaKlepto

Original Post

Re: Can’t go up or down freely

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@t2n37x98tg9m Can you please try to delete you Userdata file in your saves folder. Close out the game completely and relaunch.

1. On Home, select My games & apps.
  2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, then select Manage game & add-ons.
  3. Highlight Saved data, select your gamertag, and then select the file and Delete everywhere to delete all saves (local and cloud) for this game to clear corrupted data
  4. Restart your console.
Message 21 of 372 (67,200 Views)

Re: Can’t go up or down freely

★★★ Newbie

Thank you 

Message 22 of 372 (67,195 Views)

[XB/PS][Need Saves] Can't raise or Lower walls, use D-Pad Patch 1.39

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Issue: You can't use your D-Pad to raise and lower walls, move floors, or switch sims.

Simply closing your game out completely and restarting will fix the issue. 

Solution: Delete your Userdata file in your saves folder. Do not Delete Save Files, only the Userdata File! Reboot your system afterwards. 

PS4 Users Please share your affected save files with QA as requested here: Share your Saves 

PlayStation:

1. Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.
  2. Select the Sims 4.
  3. Set the check mark beside the userdata file.
  4. Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.
  5. Restart your console.

XBox:

XBox does not store it's game user settings in the game saves folder. Like everything else, these files and settings are cloud based. The user settings file is what needs to be reset. 

Another poster had said they had luck enabling free cam from the top right of their screen to lower walls in Live mode. Enable Free Cam

You can also try loading a save from before the issue started to see if that helps. 

You can try deleting the "reserved Space." Several XBox users have reported this helps them.

1. On Home, select My games & apps.
  2. Highlight the Sims 4, press the Menu button on your controller, then select Manage game & add-ons.
  3. Select Saved data
  4. Select Reserved Space and select Clear Reserved Space
  5. Restart your console by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the front of the console until it turns off, wait 30 seconds and launch TS4 again.

Message 23 of 372 (99,096 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Bust the Dust, and Throwback Fit Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? Exiting CAS causes D-pad functionality to stop working in Live Mode.
What do you expect to see? The controller to not lose partial functionality.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None, as I'm playing on PS4.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed v1.39

I had this exact problem last night and it was beyond frustrating, but at that point I couldn't find any reports about it so here I am.

I can absolutely confirm that upon exiting CAS, the D-pad stops functioning at the very very least in Live Mode when trying to switch between floors, raise/lower walls, and page through the list of sims. It DOES function on the pause menu, though I never did get back to check if it worked for the phone menu or pie menus for interactions or other such things in Live Mode. I was able to use the pause menu with the D-pad to switch to another household, and it wasn't working there either, so it's certainly not exclusive to one lot and can't be refreshed by loading another family.

The only solution I found as well was to completely restart my game.

Message 24 of 372 (67,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MediaKlepto Can you please try deleting the User Data. Reboot your system afterwards. Does the issue reoccur after deleting the userdata?

1. Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.
2. Select a game or application.
3. Set check marks beside the data you wish to delete or Select All.
4. Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.

Message 25 of 372 (67,171 Views)

★★ Guide

I tried travelling to neighbourhoods and that didn’t help. I moved my family into a different lot and the bug didn’t happen with that family again although their current house only has one floor, the old lot was also a haunted residential so I don’t know if either of those things are the problem 

Message 26 of 372 (67,171 Views)

Re: Spiky graphics on ps4 with sims4

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. And for me it's unplayable because the show/hide walls and upstairs/downstairs features doens't work once I go to Eco Lifestyle world. Basically if I want to play I need to start a new save and never put foot in Evergreen Harbor.

Message 27 of 372 (67,173 Views)

Re: Spiky graphics on ps4 with sims4

Hero (Retired)
@invokeur I've moved your post to the thread for the d-pad not working. That is a separate issue from the one you posted in. Please read the first post.
Message 28 of 372 (67,168 Views)

★ Guide
@xjodielaura Gotcha, I’d seen a separate bug report posted around the same time as/now also directly underneath yours (this was before we were merged to a singular thread), & I was curious if this player was still able to travel after having triggered the glitch & they just hadn’t noticed it until after they’d arrived at the restaurant.

Now I do wonder what the trigger(s) itself could be specifically, such as possibly entering CAS &/or other similar or non-similar actions.
Message 29 of 372 (67,142 Views)

★★ Guide

Every time it’s happened to me it was once I went into CAS. The first time I used a mirror to give my sim a new outfit, the second time I went into neighbourhoods and clicked the “create new household” option, and then returned to my previous family where the bug occurred again. It hasn’t happened since moving my family into a new lot and it hasn’t happened with any of my other families. The only difference with that lot was that it was a haunted house residential 

Message 30 of 372 (67,140 Views)