Wrong rank displayed, results in not being able to play with friends

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16go
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Kohuro
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Main screen
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. nothing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Not related
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) at the start of the second half of the season
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When selecting ranked mode, the rank badge next to my name in the lobby screen is stuck to the rank I had at the end of the last half-season (diamond IV). However, in the menu in which you select "ranked mode" the correct rank appears. The issue is that the game acts as if I still had my previous rank. So, as my friends went back to gold we now have a full rank difference so we can't play together anymore.
What should be happening instead? In the main lobby, next to my name should appear the right rank.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know how to reproduce the issue as it just is this way for me whereas no one else I know experienced it.

Find attached screenshots that should describe the situation.

Message 1 of 8 (6,506 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wrong rank displayed, results in not being able to play with friends

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This is a know bug, but there is a fix. Simply solo-queue into a match, and play through. After that, your rank will update to where it should be post-reset.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (6,485 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This is a know bug, but there is a fix. Simply solo-queue into a match, and play through. After that, your rank will update to where it should be post-reset.

Message 2 of 8 (6,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also running into this problem. Displays Platinum IV, but the match selection shows Silver II. I have entered multiple trio/duo matches with no success of the rank fixing itself. I attempted to enter a ranked match, but was kicked and given a notification that I could not play a match with more than two tiers separation between myself and team mates. 

Message 3 of 8 (6,430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Playing a game in ranked mode in solo solved it for me

Message 4 of 8 (6,414 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried solo ranked match, but after completing my rank still shows the incorrect rank (plat IV and not Silver II).

Message 5 of 8 (6,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This bug happened to one of my friends. Result: we ended up in gold lobies all the time while we should be in silver. For me and another friend there are no problems with this. We just have it with one of our friends. (ps4 btw) 

Result: ending up in games with people from gold 1 to bronse 4 due to multiple teams having such a problem. Fighitng all these daimond players (that are now in gold atm) is just a bit above my current level ;-) so it would be nice to see this fixed. 

Also not sure if anyone else here had this problem: but until it fixes it we always have issues of people displaying as level 1 until that ranked bug is gone. Resulting in us not being able to start any game. And me seeing the origin name of player a in the banner of player b

Message 6 of 8 (6,387 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This same exact thing is happening to me right now

Message 7 of 8 (5,423 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You have to play a game and gain points or de-rank for you t update. if you are in any division where your rank is IV then you will have to gain points as you can't go below zero. Once your total points change, then the rank will update. That's what I learned from my experience.

Message 8 of 8 (4,469 Views)