by Fanphoria

Original Post

Sims mourn NPCs they hardly know after witnessing death

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except knitting, eco lifestyle, and laundry
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, this is the first tme I've noticed it happening. Kill a sim in front of other sims, making sure they have variable relationships with dying sim?
What happens when the bug occurs? After a sims death, two of my sims who witnessed it now have the 'witnessed death of a loved one' moodlet even though one of them was enemies with said sim, and the other never met them.
What do you expect to see? The appropriate death moodlets--I believe it would be 'in the presence of death' and then a 'witnessed death of an enemy' moodlet or something.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is the first time I've noticced this happening, so it may be a one time glitch, but it is still quite annoying. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 3 (747 Views)

Re: Wrong death moodlet

★ Guide

This just happened again, so just a reminder that this is still problem apparently. 

Message 2 of 3 (625 Views)

Random deaths of strangers causes two day negative moodlet

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a random townie, unknown to the active sim, die near the active sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The active sim will go to the dead sim and receives a negative moodlet.
What do you expect to see? I expect a moodlet that doesnt last two days and greatly affects the sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Not sure if this is a bug.

Its one thing that sims mourn. But when a townie dies and my sims dont know or barely know that sim past the first positive relationship level, they mourn for two days and the moodlet says its about a "loved one". Random strangers and "just met" relationships arent "loved ones". Try going on a trip with a handful of sims and a townie dies. My sims end up crying or desiring to hide in their bed making them unplayable. Because of a stranger.

Message 3 of 3 (606 Views)