Wrong damage calculation in Sith Raid

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Huawei Mate 10 Pro
OS Version 8.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 262-529-232
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug he damage dealt in the Sith Triumvirate was 1.243.447 if you would add up the damage from each individual character. However, Total DamageDealt in the screen said 133.106, which is also the score i received.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Europe
Country Netherlands

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Huawei Mate 10 Pro
OS Version 8.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 262-529-232
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug The damage dealt in the Sith Triumvirate was 1.243.447 if you would add up the damage from each individual character. However, Total DamageDealt in the screen said 133.106, which is also the score i received.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Europe
Country Netherlands

Screenshot_20181010-222315.jpg
Message 1 of 10 (952 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wrong damage calculation in Sith Raid

Hey there, this isn't a bug and is part of the Sith Raid mechanics.

Damage done against Nihilus' protection in P1 and P4 does not count towards the total score. So yes, the characters did over 1.2m damage, but most of it was to his regenerating purple protection. Only damage to his green health bar contributes to the final, total score, hence the 133k you have been credited for.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (914 Views)

All Replies

Hey there, this isn't a bug and is part of the Sith Raid mechanics.

Damage done against Nihilus' protection in P1 and P4 does not count towards the total score. So yes, the characters did over 1.2m damage, but most of it was to his regenerating purple protection. Only damage to his green health bar contributes to the final, total score, hence the 133k you have been credited for.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 10 (915 Views)

★ Apprentice

The damage calculation is not a bug then, but the text displayed is. "Damage dealt" and "Total Damage Dealt" suggests that you add up individual damage to get the total

Message 3 of 10 (903 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Christoph, 

Thanks for your answer. I know that the protection doesn't count as "real" damage  but this was a tier V Sith only and I often use this squad. Usually I get between 900k - 1.1M damage in Phase 1. Now it's like 85% less... 

Message 4 of 10 (900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Elder.png - Sith 5 phase 1, pre-raid rework

Chewie.png - Sith 6 phase 1, post-raid rework 
Can't say that there's an issue for sure with calculation, but providing some extra info

elder.png
chewie.png
Message 5 of 10 (886 Views)

★★ Novice

After daily refresh, both Phase 1

Screenshot_20181010-222315.jpg
Screenshot_20181011-002505.jpg
Message 6 of 10 (878 Views)

Remember that whenever a character suffering "Defense Down" uses a basic attack on Nihilus, it increases his maximum protection. At each of his turns, Nihilus recovers 3% Protection (which increases over time, due to the max protection increases I described).

Squads that use many basic attacks are not recommended in Phase 1 for this reason.

Hope this helps!

★ Apprentice
Yes, that does explain what is going on in detail. It could just be that. This, at minimum, is a text update issue. There's real estate to better describe what damage has been done as well as additionally providing effective damage totals, eliminating any confusion
Message 8 of 10 (830 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same. It was disappointing to say the least. I was only defeated when he was Enraged. 

A big whopping 90% drop-off of actual damage....*sigh*

Low Damage Sith T6 P1.png
Message 9 of 10 (721 Views)

@Metroplex79 Just as was described earlier, this is not a bug. The mechanics of phase 1 punish squads with many basic attacks. Bossk led bounty hunters will not be very effective - as they are low damage and will frequently heal his protection.