Wrong colors displayed after installing ICC profil

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? VelvetRock
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Nothing
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Nothing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When a ICC profil is installed on windows, every time i launch APEX , a blue filter is applied on the monitor and the colors are modified. When i go back on desktop with Alt+TAB, the blue filter disapears, and it come back on when on the game again.
What should be happening instead? the game should launch and displays with the right colors configured on windows ICC profils manager.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Control panel > color managegement > Add new profil and applie it > close > launch APEX

The colors changes on the screen. When you applie an ICC profil, the game launch with out this profil and applies a blue filter that changes the colors displayed on the screen .

Message 1 of 8 (467 Views)

Re: Wrong colors displayed after installing ICC profil

Community Manager

@VelvetRock 

Can you try reseating both ends of the video cable or maybe try another cable entirely if you can?

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (454 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, thanks for the interest, unafortunately, for the moment a don't have another display port cable for testing. 

However i can say that this probleme doesn't occur with other games, and it didn't happen few days ago before last update, everything was fine.

I formatted my pc, then the problem disapears, but directly after applying ICC profil which I made with a calibration sensor "DataColor Spyder 4", the blue filter come back.

Message 3 of 8 (450 Views)

Community Manager

@VelvetRock 

I suggest either disabling your custom ICC profile (by switching to the default profile) before playing or maybe you can find a setting that works with your current custom profile.

In Windows, click search, search for colour management, go to the Advanced tab and see if there is a combination of settings in the ICC Rendering Intent section that works. You might want to take note of the settings before you change anything so you can return to the unchanged settings.

barry.png
Message 4 of 8 (399 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

I tried the manipulation you suggested but it doesn't change anything. 

It seems more like the game disables my actual ICC profil everytime I launch it. It will not stop me to play, but it is sad that i can't enjoy corrected colors for my monitor ingame because the game doesn't allow my personnal ICC profil being used while playing... 

Message 5 of 8 (392 Views)

Community Manager

@VelvetRock 

Are you seeing a heavy blue tint or just the uncalibrated (ICC profile disabled) colour settings?

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 8 (388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

yeah i think it's more an uncalibrated colour settings, since my icc profile seems to add more "Red saturation" in order to correct the colours, when it disables it the eye notice it like it's going blue. It takes some time to get used to another color setting. So yes, I think the profile is disabled everytime i run the game.

Message 7 of 8 (386 Views)

Community Manager

@VelvetRock 

There is only one other post on the whole of AHQ relating to this, seems like a similar experience to what you are seeing:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/BF4-When-i-start-BF4-it-kicks-out-my-ICC-profile-color/m-p/1...

A workaround would be to try to alter your monitor settings to closer match the calibrated appearance but that would then require re-calibrating and creating a new custom profile for use outside of the game, not ideal.

barry.png
Message 8 of 8 (382 Views)