Re: Writer Promotion Requirements Bug

by crinrict

Original Post

Writer Promotion Requirements Bug

★★★ Newbie
I just started a new save file and my sim is a writer, one of the requirements in order to get a promotion is to write a book every single day. I can write books, it's just not counting towards the requirement. I tried resetting the sim, resetting the computer, quitting her job and then applying again, she was far in her career! Please help ASAP.
Message 1 of 4 (210 Views)

Hero

Isn't it to READ a book not write one (Daily Task)

Or are you talking about one of the tasks ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (207 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Crinrict:

I can't remember what level the change is, but around level 3 or 4 of the Writer career, the daily task changes from "Read Books" to "Write Books"

@FlowerSimmer789:

The "Write Books" is a daily task so it's something that you can (but are not required) to complete each day.  Completing it each day will help job performance so that you meet the performance requirement sooner.   Whether you complete it or not though, each day you work, it will revert to "Not Started" status because it's a daily task and not a promotion requirement.

Message 3 of 4 (200 Views)

Hero

Really ? Guess I never play a writer Sim to a higher level Standard smile

Thanks for clariying.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (195 Views)