Original Post

(Wraith) infinite portal bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? oisty
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Using portal ability
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? The issue had been present before I started playing
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 30.04.19 07:00 EDT
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When activating the bug, Wraith creates her portal without the portal ability going back on cooldown. Meaning that she can create unlimited portals. Also when using the bug, she can use weapons while abusing the added movement speed of her portal ability.
What should be happening instead? Wraith's portal should go on cooldown immediately when used. And Wraith's body should be locked into the portal-animation as to not allow for her to use weapons and abuse the movement speed from portal.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? To perform the bug you must simply: -Activate Wraith's portal ability [snip]

The bug is very easy to perform and can (although I have only seen it done once or twice) be used to abuse the added movement speed during a gunfight. 

The bug is also not limited to any platform. I have seen a number of streamers showcase the bug as well. 

Message 1 of 6 (693 Views)

Re: (Wraith) infinite portal bug

Community Manager

@PvtDubs Thank you, we are aware of this. I'll remove some of the replication steps from your post, cheers.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (658 Views)

Wraith Double Ultimate Glitch Still In the Game

★★★ Pro

When Apex Legends was first revealed. Wraith had a double Portal Glitch where she needs to climb something before it ends. If done correctly, she will still have her ultimate. I did this by mistake by failing to climb the skull town mountain for my team. I still had my ultimate when it ended. If I wanted to, I could have ult again and moved my team even further into the next team fight. I didn't abuse the glitch though and we used Path Finders ultimate instead. 

This glitch should be removed though or you can go double distance as mentioned. 

Message 3 of 6 (647 Views)
Highlighted

Re: (Wraith) infinite portal bug

★★ Novice

plz fix this bcz people are starting to abuse it like insane

Message 4 of 6 (586 Views)

Unlimited wraith portals + draw weapon during ultimate

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GTX 1050
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? GlowingAstronaut
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Using Wraith's ultimate ability
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? This glitch could be used on any match
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Always
What happens when the bug occurs? Wraith's Ultimate ability automatically finishes its cooldown and allows her to draw her weapon during her ultimate ability
What should be happening instead? The ultimate should not cool down immediately
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? as soon as wraith's ultimate is activated, vault over an object while pressing the tactical ability. This will allow wraith to draw her weapon and the cooldown for the ultimate will be refreshed immediately.

I remember being taught to do the bug by a random player early this week. It is a pretty gamebreaking glitch and I hope that it is patched immediately. I have seen several other instances of other players using it.

Message 5 of 6 (504 Views)

Apex on PS4 known bugs so far to me.

★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? THE-BIG-S-P
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Happens anywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Vaulting over an object
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? One.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Don't remember.
What happens when the bug occurs? *BUGS HAPPENED IN PLAYSTATION 4* When playing as Wraith and you use ultimate and then vault over an object then immediately pressing L1 (ability) you can infinitely use Wraith's ultimate. Second issue is with BloodHound's ultimate when you activate it the FPS drops so low to the point you can't play anymore and die fast. Third is when you land in skull town and everybody shoots the sounds becomes crazy and you hear either loud noises that doesn't make any sense or nothing at all Fourth is similar to the third but it's when you use G7 Scout weapon after shooting more than 4 times the sound becomes deafen and the weapon almost don't shoot anymore. Finally in the main menu after every game with a squad you can't ready and must go back to main menu (log in) and invite them again and sometimes only 2 out of 3 joins and we have to try over and over until it works (Bonus : it doesn't count friends XP as well) I wish you fix these issues + add middle east server if possible + make server select auto based on lowest ping (Bonus : and remove server select time until select) + Give penalty to whoever leaves after downing or if picked up by squad and leaves. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY ADD DUO (2 players only) game mode.
What should be happening instead? Mentioned in the previous step.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Mentioned in the previous two steps.

*BUGS HAPPENED IN PLAYSTATION 4*

When playing as Wraith and you use ultimate and then vault over an object then immediately pressing L1 (ability) you can infinitely use Wraith's ultimate.

Second issue is with BloodHound's ultimate when you activate it the FPS drops so low to the point you can't play anymore and die fast.

Third is when you land in skull town and everybody shoots the sounds becomes crazy and you hear either loud noises that doesn't make any sense or nothing at all

Fourth is similar to the third but it's when you use G7 Scout weapon after shooting more than 4 times the sound becomes deafen and the weapon almost don't shoot anymore.

Finally in the main menu after every game with a squad you can't ready and must go back to main menu (log in) and invite them again and sometimes only 2 out of 3 joins and we have to try over and over until it works (Bonus : it doesn't count friends XP as well)

I wish you fix these issues + add middle east server if possible + make server select auto based on lowest ping (Bonus : and remove server select time until select) + Give penalty to whoever leaves after downing or if picked up by squad and leaves.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY ADD DUO (2 players only) game mode.

Message 6 of 6 (466 Views)