Marble Goddess Skin Hit Reg Bugged?

by Bliikksem_

Original Post

Re: Wraith hitbox broken

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_David We understand that the shots are missing in fact, but this affects too much the gameplay because make the player lost concentration thinking if he really hit or not and can make us not correct the spray like we should do with bullets doing the correct missing animation.

I completely agree with @chuckmynorris when this kind of thing happen the skin should be disable asap until fully fixe

Like @Burmancian said, it gives us a impression that EA is letting this roll the way it is now just to make more ppl buy this skin to abuse of this inconsistency and get some this dirty advantage for sometime.

Look @Burmancian second clip, the shot probably go under her forearm but is so close that anyone at first will said that is a bug and the skin is giving cleary advantage to the enemy, just this make the player lost all his focus on the fight...

Message 21 of 24 (445 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi guys, this was fixed with the patch that rolled out yesterday, the skin should be working properly, Wraith is back to being as annoyingly hard to hit as ever, but without fake no-reg hits at least. 

Patch notes for those interested: https://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Game-Updates/5-1-1-patch-notes/m-p/9277961#M80

Thanks!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 22 of 24 (1,516 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_David Thank you
Message 23 of 24 (354 Views)

Marble Goddess Skin Hit Reg Bugged?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Caliberrs
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Im Doughnutt
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Gigabyte Aorus OSD (It's a monitor overlay that gives me a crosshair)
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Wraith
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Shooting an enemy
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Generally happens about every second match (it happens basically whenever I run into a marble goddess wraith)
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Since the most recent patch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Shots do not register when they should
What should be happening instead? Shots should be registering when they should
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Shoot a moving wraith who has the marble goddess skin equipped

Attached is a clip of it happening in the firing range.

Before anyone asks, yes I am using an ethernet cable. 

This is a massive problem because when you run into one of the wraiths it's about a 50/50 gamble if your shots are actually going to hit. I mean it kind of speaks for itself, to be honest.

This is very repeatable, all you really have to do is hop into a firing range and ask someone with the skin to strafe for you while you shoot them.

Also sorry for the video being so small... it for some reason stays really small despite what I do to resize it. If you hover your mouse over the bottom left corner of the clip there is a cut off enlarge button and if you flick that it becomes actually visible. 

Message 24 of 24 (371 Views)