World Cup Icons with generic faces

by patricio_the_ric

Original Post

Re: World Cup Icons Cruyff

★★★★ Novice

Why you are not compensating us with proper icons until you fix this bug?

What is the point to play with World Cup Icon Zidane or any icon affected by this if he feels in game like a pro club player and looks like a 50 year old plumber.

And someone who has baby mid or prime version performs 1000% better in game. 

Message 141 of 154 (663 Views)

Faulty WorldCup ICON Body Type

★ Novice

Product: FIFA 23
Platform:PlayStation 5
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Do you only see this bug when you have cross-play activated? No
Which mode has this happened in? FIFA Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? FUT Division Rivals
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 12/12/2023
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 07:00PM
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I purchased one of the 3k FP packs and got WC Icon Zidane. His game face, and even worse his body type are generic. This means he doesnt perform well in games at all.
What happens when the bug occurs? player isnt performing like it should in game
What should be happening instead? proper game face and body type

About a month ago I opened a player pack from the store. In this pack was the player card of Zinédine Zidane as a WorldCup icon. As you are probably aware, there is a game bug that affects both the player's appearance and the player's body type. As a result, this card, which money was spent to purchase, is not usable. I therefore ask you for a quick solution and correction of the error or for appropriate reimbursement.

Message 142 of 154 (559 Views)

Re: Faulty WorldCup ICON Body Type

★★★★ Novice

So it has been close to two months now with only one semi acknowledgment from the EA team which came a week ago. This is half of the current length that the game has been out.

Players having their real appearance is one of the most important things to most people playing Fifa. This should be something that the dev team should clearly be prioritizing, either by fixing it or compensating people playing with fraudulent products. To be honest, it’s mind-boggling that there  hasn’t been more comms on this. 

I’m a lawyer in my day job, it is also legally / contractually not ok to sell (yes, people have been effectively buying) products that are not what you have marketed them to be. Or you can, but then you are liable to compensate. And postponing such compensation makes it even worse. And further, lack of acknowledgment, again, makes it worse.

I have been a loyal Fifa gamer for two decades. Still like to wind down in the evening by playing Fifa since I love football and still get to elite level even though I’m old haha. But being completely honest, this kind of stuff makes me want to protest and use my valuable ”own” time differently and not to play the game. So the message here is that what you EA are doing here is not only wrong (both contractually and morally) in the short term, it’s also stupid in the long term.

Message 143 of 154 (479 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey there,

I totally agree with you.
This is not how you treat your player base, period.

Message 144 of 154 (457 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I hope that in monday with people back inthe office they will address this asap. Otherwise it is gonna become worse and worse.

Message 145 of 154 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Guys, don't take it too far, let's just be constructive and try to give our best to work towards a possible solution - insulting/threatening the EA team won't help!

@EA_rephii Can you please give us just a short statement if there is going to happen anything soon?

I understand you told us you currently can not fix the cards, but will you provide any kind of compensation/replacement for the broken cards? Or will you just leave it as it is until your Developers figure out what they have to do to fix these cards?

Also, I have to admit the "solved" marker triggers me pretty much. I know it's "for visbility purposes" but I don't think that's how a bug report thread should work.

Message 146 of 154 (428 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just to be clear, there was no insult or threat in my post. Also in terms of proportionality, reminding a 7 billion dollar company to compensate for their mistakes and lack of acknowledging to the community one of their flagship promos being broken does not seem very harsh from my point of view. 😊

Rest assured, EA can live without the extra sympathy from us.

I fully appreciate the busy lives of game developers, but that applies to us all and we still need to do our jobs properly and prioritize stuff.

Message 147 of 154 (414 Views)

★★★ Novice

Almost every single player within the game is affected by this thing and many of our players are literally useless. i do not think this is ok, i had 6 world cup icons but i am starting to get rid of them because they are not usable if you want to play and compete in the serious leagues. when will this be fixed? it have been over a month.

Message 148 of 154 (356 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It s good that they released mid version of Zidane, I cannot wait to see more players with an usable card than mine having the world cup version which is useless.

I will definitely think about this when thinking if I am going to buy this game next year or every game from EA.

Ridiculous.

Message 149 of 154 (322 Views)

Re: World Cup Icons with generic faces

★★ Novice

My r9 has been fixed. It looks like him now, only doesn’t have the patch of hair, it’s like the prime.

Message 150 of 154 (285 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help