Re: [Open] New items indicator dot won’t go away

by katclawsx3

Original Post

Re: New furniture notification won’t go away.

★★★★★ Guide

I so wanted @PaQuilter1 solution to work for me but alas... no... still haunted by the red asterisk to nowhere 😑

Message 11 of 33 (1,579 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
Player ID:   1003641527859

The catalog Red Asterisk for new items won’t go away. It keeps indicating new items in the Home Catalog in the “Buy” section even though there are no new items and no indicator on any of the items in the subcategories. 

I think this started after I gained or started the Internet Icon Hobby 

It’s not a severe bug, but a bit annoying. 

Message 12 of 33 (1,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue as well, and might have some possible suspicions about why it's happening. When I initially bought the first hobby "item" for the Internet hobby, I declined to place "it" and let it go into Storage. When I then wanted to place it later, due to the abysmal functions of finding something in Storage, I went to place it from the Buy Menu, aaaaaand... it said 0/1 on the hobby item. Digging through storage to try and find out if I had lost them somehow, no: turns out, computer, chair, and table are all separate items, and weren't counting for 1/1 on the Buy Menu. I did want to get 1/1, so I bought yet another one (set) from that menu, placed it, and after the fact, it said I had 2/1, which shouldn't have been possible.

The "new item" indicator, I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the items are a set, and only count together as a set, and you haven't been able to "see" all three of them yet unless you buy and place them. If that doesn't sort it out, then I'm not sure what else is necessary, but it's got to be something to do with this nature of them.

edit: Can confirm that buying the new "set" does away with the new item notification, even if viewing it initially in the Buy Menu does not.

Message 13 of 33 (3,271 Views)

@MrsNHP@katclawsx3 & @Here4Snacks has this issue been resolved for you guys or does the message of @Srenti help with solving it for you guys?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 14 of 33 (1,432 Views)

Red Notification for new items stay on

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Moto X4
OS Version 8.1.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1002983292958
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unlock new item, then got to view items. For me the new item notification stays on even after I located the new items.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see the notification turn off after viewing the new item.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

I get a red notification when new items unlock. I go to view the item(s), then return to what I was doing. The red notification stays on.

Message 15 of 33 (1,439 Views)

Re: Red Notification for new items stay on

I don't have it, doesn't mean it's not an issue though.

Could you make sure you don't have the red dot anywhere else? Maybe the rewards?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 16 of 33 (1,419 Views)

★★★ Novice

I checked, it's only for home and work (I added a screenshot of my work items to clarify. The red dot is there, but not for anything from work items)

Message 17 of 33 (1,409 Views)

@Ranger_Romer hoped it wasn't this bug, but it seems to be. Could you see if the suggestion of @Srenti helps any?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 18 of 33 (1,397 Views)

★★★ Novice

Whoa... So what I did, since my internet hobby showed a 1/1 for the initial set, so I placed it in storage, and now the red dot is gone. So it was that bug.

Message 19 of 33 (1,376 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had something similar happen, but the red notification stayed on when the second set from the internet hobby was unlocked. Since I had a 1/1 for the initial set, I placed it in storage and now the red dot is gone.

Message 20 of 33 (1,375 Views)