by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Workaround] New items indicator dot won’t go away

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad mini 7
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003519937245
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unless it is so for everyone, I have no idea.
What do you expect to see? The indicator for new items to go away after I have viewed the category.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Sweden
Additional feedback

The catalog indicator for new items (red and white dot) won’t go away. It keeps indicating new items in the “Hobbies” category in the “Buy” section (but not in the “Collections” section) even though there are no new items. When I go to the Hobbies category there is no such indicator for any of the subcategories (hobbies), and no indicator on any of the items in the subcategories. 

Usually the indicator dot would go away once you’ve seen the new item, but at some point it didn’t. I think this started after I gained or started the Internet icon hobby. I hoped it would go away when I unlocked more items in the internet hobby, but it didn’t. 

It’s not a severe bug, but a bit annoying. 

Message 1 of 33 (2,447 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Open] New items indicator dot won’t go away

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue as well, and might have some possible suspicions about why it's happening. When I initially bought the first hobby "item" for the Internet hobby, I declined to place "it" and let it go into Storage. When I then wanted to place it later, due to the abysmal functions of finding something in Storage, I went to place it from the Buy Menu, aaaaaand... it said 0/1 on the hobby item. Digging through storage to try and find out if I had lost them somehow, no: turns out, computer, chair, and table are all separate items, and weren't counting for 1/1 on the Buy Menu. I did want to get 1/1, so I bought yet another one (set) from that menu, placed it, and after the fact, it said I had 2/1, which shouldn't have been possible.

The "new item" indicator, I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the items are a set, and only count together as a set, and you haven't been able to "see" all three of them yet unless you buy and place them. If that doesn't sort it out, then I'm not sure what else is necessary, but it's got to be something to do with this nature of them.

edit: Can confirm that buying the new "set" does away with the new item notification, even if viewing it initially in the Buy Menu does not.

View in thread

Message 13 of 33 (3,175 Views)

All Replies

Re: New items indicator dot won’t go away

★★★★ Novice
That exact thing happened to me last week (with new items for the Hobbies) but I think the last update fixed mine.
Message 2 of 33 (2,397 Views)
Highlighted

Haven't seen that before, have you scrolled through all the furniture?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 33 (2,369 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I have the same problem.  It is still there after opening each hobby category & scrolling through them all.

Message 4 of 33 (2,363 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I have scrolled through everything and viewed all the items, even all the other items/categories that aren’t hobbies 😄 

Message 5 of 33 (2,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the same problem. It finally went away. I think it was after I bought a new internet hobby item. Not sure if that might help?
Message 6 of 33 (2,280 Views)

★ Guide

Dittoing Dolphin720 that it seems to be connected to the Internet Hobby. After I finished the Quest and was able to purchase the first Internet Hobby item, didn't right away and throughout that entire time the red asterisk was stuck no matter how often I scrolled through every single item in every category of the store. When I finally purchased the first IH item, it went away. After I unlocked a new item from the IH I didn't purchase it right away either and it got stuck again. And now, since I'm not buying an IH item that I just unlocked, it's stuck again. 

Message 7 of 33 (2,250 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I also think it’s connected to not buying internet hobby items immediately. It didn’t go away after buying internet hobby accessory items later. I haven’t bought any of the advanced desks though (don’t have enough simoleons to spare...). 

Message 8 of 33 (2,219 Views)

New furniture notification won’t go away.

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad, iPad mini both the generation before the latest one.
OS Version 11.4 - latest
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003133057821
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ? Not a clue, if more had it more would report about it I guess.
What do you expect to see? New furniture notifications when new furniture is available as well as new furniture notification vanishing when I’ve viewed said new furniture.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country
Additional feedback

To keep it succinct, I have a new furniture notification, it’s for hobbies, yet when I go into hobbies no secondary tab tells me what sub tab the new furniture is in. After opening all secondary tabs (yoga, piano etc etc) the new furniture notification won’t go away.

2C2BCB50-3320-4CC2-956B-AC63DA692FD9.jpeg

7B555EEE-1EAA-4CA5-8426-1DDC95F215F1.jpeg

0495BAC3-6E28-441B-A91C-C8D5ADCFB768.jpeg

(After opening each sub sub tab the main notification doesn’t go away.)

Message 9 of 33 (2,204 Views)

Re: New furniture notification won’t go away.

Champion (Retired)

@Here4Snacks I had the same problem. I had to reboot my device and it went away. Mine was for the Internet hobby. ☺

Message 10 of 33 (2,189 Views)