[Workaround] - Can't start shift at Eco Workshop

by xixcooooooo

Original Post

Eco Workshop Bug

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8
OS Version 15.1
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Eco Workshop calendar is stuck on Monday. It is not possible to start a shift when visiting the workshop.
What do you expect to see? Calendar moving with different days. Option to start shift in workshop
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country UK

I have tried the proposed workaround og removing and reinstalling the game, and also stopping the game (using app switcher) when all Sims are idle.

Message 61 of 218 (1,440 Views)

Eco workshop schedule

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone XS Max
OS Version 15.1
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Quit game restart device restart app
What do you expect to see? Eco workshop keeps staying on the previous days materials
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Several times this month and more than ever this week my eco shop is not updating the materials . This is so frustrating! Wasting sim cash when normally I do enough shifts to earn materials!!!

Message 62 of 218 (1,412 Views)

Re: Eco workshop schedule

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@luvhuskiesThere are multiple threads about this issue:
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Eco-workshop-schedule/m-p/10986895/highlight/true#M20669
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Eco-workshop-stuck-on-a-day-of-the-week/m-p/10909489/highlight...

Easy workaround: make sims idle and restart the game. Hopefully the sim who did the event last will pop up with a checkmark.

If that doesn't help, check if any of your passive sims couldn't be brought to be active. If so, I believe that sim was the last one doing that shift on the day workshop is stuck. Unfortunately, the only way I know to resolve the issue is to delete that sim.

Message 63 of 218 (1,369 Views)

Re: Eco Workshop not working

★★★ Newbie

I cannot get the task button to appear to allow my sims to work the eco shop. My last char to work there was at his work when I clicked on him to complete the eco shop. Don't know what is going on there, but now he will not interact with his wife or family members. Nothing I do allows any of them to react with him. 

None of the players can do the eco shop due to no task button. 

Message 64 of 218 (1,282 Views)

Long Event Options Not Available In Work

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Google Pixel
OS Version ?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? my sims each levelled up in their careers and suddenly the long event option is no longer available for either of them. this issue is not present for relationships or hobbies. i'm on the last stage of the photography questline, which requires 6 long events in a career.
What do you expect to see? A long event option for at least one of my sim's careers.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I've seen people have this problem before back in 2018 but presumably that was fixed?

Message 65 of 218 (1,483 Views)

Re: Long Event Options Not Available In Work

★ Apprentice

Try seeing if a hard restart works? It happens all the time to one of mine. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Workaround-Can-t-start-shift-at-Eco-Workshop/m-p/10842877#M205...

Message 66 of 218 (1,456 Views)

Re: Eco workshop not working

★★★ Novice

Hi I have a question my eco workshop is not working the eco workshop says it’s Tuesday but it’s been like that for 5 days now and it’s Saturday now and I’m not sure what to do u please help me thanks 

Message 67 of 218 (1,604 Views)

Re: [Workaround] - Can't start shift at Eco Workshop

★★★ Newbie

Same here. I have an iPhone 13 and it stopped working today. I even retired all 3 of my sims to create new ones (since I had also been having issues with my sims getting”stuck” in events) and still can’t enter the workshop shift. 

Message 68 of 218 (1,367 Views)

Re: [Solved] - Can't start shift at Eco Workshop

★★★ Newbie

My eco workshop shifts are stuck on Saturday. This has been going on for almost a month now. I cannot craft anything because it's stuck.

Message 69 of 218 (1,362 Views)

Re: [Solved] - Can't start shift at Eco Workshop

★★★ Guide
My workshop is also not working.
Message 70 of 218 (1,271 Views)