[Workaround] - Can't start shift at Eco Workshop

by xixcooooooo

Original Post

Re: Eco Workshop is frozen

★★★★ Novice
@ghostbiddy I’m just updating you again to tell you the Eco Workshop is still not playable, though I’ve tried all the fixes on this thread and another thread about a similar issue.
I also just noticed that my Eco Workshop calendar says it’s Tuesday though it is Monday.
I still have a Sims character that I have ‘removed’ but he still appears as a character to interact with in one of my lots. His star icon comes up to perform an action with him but tapping it doesn’t do anything. I believe this is related to my Eco Workshop issue.
It seems the Sims Mobile is getting defunded and that is why no one can get tech service to fix this problem.
Message 41 of 218 (2,084 Views)

Re: Eco Workshop - can't start shift + steps to solve (maybe)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@GrnWyr Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you. I have merged your post with the existing thread about this issue so it will be easier for other players to find it.

I don't believe you will get a compensation, but if you want to try, the best way is to send an in-game ticket. This kind of ticket brings through needed details directly to mobile advisors.
You can read here how to do it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/How-to-send-a-Help-Ticket-from-your-in-game-ac...

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 42 of 218 (1,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SalixCat As I wrote, I'd already opened a ticket that hasn't had a reply since the 17th. It was opened on the 11th. Also, the merge seems to have broken something, as I received a notification that @EA_Sanah had mentioned me in the thread, but I don't see it anymore.

This fix is also now buried in a thread five pages long instead of standalone. It was opened separately on purpose.

Message 43 of 218 (1,906 Views)

Hero
@GrnWyr The merge didn’t break anything. That happens when a user deletes their message. You get the notification but there is no message anymore.
Your post is marked as the solution on this thread, not buried, and the thread is tagged as Workaround.

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 44 of 218 (1,884 Views)

Re: [Workaround] - Can't start shift at Eco Workshop

★ Apprentice

So, this happened again; it wasn't tied to ads, as I stopped watching those entirely to see if it'd happen again. I think it was due to a minor rollback/desync after the game claimed that I didn't have an internet connection. The sim with the issue was missing the standard event in cooking; fix still worked (no speed up/rush necessary confirmed), though Standard smile 

Message 45 of 218 (1,797 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This bug started when I went to collect rewards from a completed workshop shift, and it said something about a standard hangout, instead. Since then, I cannot start the eco workshop with any of my sims. 

Message 46 of 218 (1,735 Views)

★★★ Novice
@dontfollowlisa I am having the same problem with you!
Message 47 of 218 (1,714 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@bowieeec@dontfollowlisaHi, please try if the earlier posted workaround solves the issue for you.

edit: added link to the post

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 48 of 218 (1,686 Views)

Re: Eco Workshop not working

★★★ Newbie

Hi I’m having exactly the same issue as everyone else in this thread. Is there a fix yet?

Message 49 of 218 (1,614 Views)

Re: Eco Workshop not working

Hero

@lynck70 There's no ETA for a fix but there is a workaround here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Workaround-Can-t-start-shift-at-Eco-Workshop/m-p/10842877/high...

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 50 of 218 (1,601 Views)