Re: Eco Workshop not working

by ilkimturkeri

Original Post

Re: [Workaround] - Can't start shift at Eco Workshop

I do understand that sometimes things go wrong in a game but with the number of people struggling I thought we might get an update to correct the issue.

if anyone from EA is monitoring the forum would it be possible to amend the festival tasks so that the workshop isn’t included?  It feels like loyal players are being penalised on a daily basis as they aren’t able to complete the daily tasks or a number of the seasonal tasks either.  

if the tasks can’t be amended could a festival ticket compensation be given to those reporting problems to put us back on par with the other players and give us a fair chance to complete the festival?

Message 161 of 218 (457 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please help I’ve had this issue for about a month!! I’ve tried everything. Even deleting the game and redownloading it. Someone please help!! It’s been stuck on Tuesday for like 6 weeks, I can’t do a shop or anything!!

Message 162 of 218 (430 Views)

Hero
@2plftvwvhkmu Hi, do you have retired/passive sims stuck being busy?

Click through your sims in the family portrait and the generations tab. Make sure you have a normally functioning sim living on the same lot with stuck sims. Latest update brought some preliminary fix for the ‘sim stuck being busy’ issue and some players have got their Eco workshops functioning again after checking through their stuck sims.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 163 of 218 (412 Views)

Hi, thank you for this.  I have gone through the generations tab as suggested.  It does appear that I am now able to interact with a previously stuck and busy sim.  It also looks like I might have the eco workshop back, it advises it will be available in 4 hours so fingers crossed.

Message 164 of 218 (397 Views)

Hero
@a5dcbaf4f17c71fa4dd5768d2ad1ffdd That sounds promising 🤞😊🤞

Message 165 of 218 (387 Views)

★★ Novice
@Ilois4 Hello, do you know what can we do if the sim is not at the household anymore? My retired sim was stuck too, and I made her go away permanently. I wasn’t aware of this situation back then.
Message 166 of 218 (349 Views)

Hi, I had also retired and deleted sims in the hope that it would fix my bug which of course it didn’t.  

I followed the advice above and it did work for me. It freed up all the sims that had been showing as busy so I could interact with them again. The eco workshop also came back and I waited for the count down to clear and have been back and using it is normal for the last couple of days.

The fix was really quick and easy when you know how. Just get your sims to the same lot as your stuck sim.  Move through the generations on your family portrait and when you go back to the game it should have cleared your bug.

im keeping my fingers crossed for you,I know how frustrating this is 🤞

Message 167 of 218 (332 Views)

Hero
@ilkimturkeri Hi, please try to click through your sims from family portrait and the generations tab. Especially if the sim is still hanging around or stuck on your lot, the suggestion I made on post #163 could solve your issue.

I don’t have a confirmation if this works for all stuck sims/stuck eco workshop and it’s good to have players commenting back if this worked for them or not. Like
@a5dcbaf4f17c71fa4dd5768d2ad1ffdd here commented that it worked for their issue. Thank you! 😊

Message 168 of 218 (316 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the solution! It works! I had a retired then removed sim previously stuck in house and caused this eco workshop issue, and now finally I could use eco workshop! 🤞

Message 169 of 218 (302 Views)

★★ Novice
@Ilois4 sorry it didn’t work for me. But somehow the workshop schedule is updated to today (it was stuck) and I was able to upgrade my workshop. But still cannot work at eco workshop. Thank you anyway.
Message 170 of 218 (285 Views)