Re: Eco Workshop is frozen

by ghostbiddy

Original Post

Re: Eco Workshop not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same happened to me.. I can’t do any eco projects.And the Star to tap to start the projects gone. and it stop at the same day Tuesday for more than a weeks. 😭

Message 31 of 218 (6,264 Views)

★★★ Novice

This happen to me too. How did you get your to fix?

Message 32 of 218 (6,126 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @kunnoogi

For some players it has been fixed under the following circumstances:

• You end the current things that your sims are doing and take the last sim to the workshop.
  • Randomly
  • When there is a workshop week rollover

View in thread

Studio has been made aware of this issue, in the meantime, you can try the first option or leave the sims iddle overnight if that does not work. 

Message 33 of 218 (6,097 Views)

Re: [Solved] - Can't start shift at Eco Workshop

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I bought the Eco Workshop with my simoleons 3 or 4 times and it just won't open the Workshop up at all. The first time I tried was during the first season of the Sim Festival when I had bought the pack and the Sim wouldn't open up and let me have what I was supposed to so I contacted EA and they didn't help so I contacted Google play and they reimbursed me but it hasn't fixed anything on the game so I'm stuck with a bug issue on the Workshop and Sim Festival and can't play like I'm supposed to and no matter who I contact no one will help me. I've spent quite a bit of real money on this game and I'm about to just walk away from it all for good if I can't get help this time around.

Message 34 of 218 (6,070 Views)

Re: [Solved] - Can't start shift at Eco Workshop

Hero
@saylerrenee Please post a new bug report and fill out the form completely. This thread is marked as solved and is about a different kind of issue than the one you experience.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 35 of 218 (6,060 Views)

Eco Workshop is frozen

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have not been able to play the Eco Workshop for a few weeks now. : ( The button to start a session disappeared sometime during the Country Living STS. I very nervously deleted and reinstalled the app but Eco Workshop remains unplayable. I thought it may have something to do with one of sims, Amenadiel, that was also “frozen” around the same time. The game tells me he’s ‘busy’ in an event, though I made him passive. My theory is that I somehow made him passive while he was in the Eco Workshop, causing both of them to be stuck. I also tried to remedy the problem by removing Amenadiel, but it didn’t fix anything, and an untouchable Amenadiel still walks around one of my plots after removing him. Please help!

Player ID: [SalixCat - Removed Player ID. This is considered private info - please don't share private info on Answers HQ since these boards are publicly visible.] 

Apple game center ID: Heyhayhayes

Message 36 of 218 (5,933 Views)

★★★★ Novice

First, I originally started a new thread because this issue is marked as solved and I’ve tried all the solutions while the issue still persists. I have let my sims idle overnight. I’ve finished all shifts and taken the last sim to the workshop several times. I actually check if the Eco Workshop is back several times a day and it has never returned. I’ve also taken my own troubleshooting measures without results. It has been months now so the workshop week has refreshed several times and the pink dot to start an Eco Workshop event has never returned. 

It is very frustrating because that also means I’m never able to finish daily tasks in the Sims Festival because ‘work a shift in the Eco Workshop’ is always one of the daily tasks, so I miss out on a Llama token every day. I am a dedicated player that has invested a good deal of money playing this game the past 2 years and I feel like I deserve a little customer service. 

I’m posting to this thread again hoping to get your attention and get someone to look at my issue. I just read through the bug fixes in the upcoming update and didn’t see anything about fixing this Eco Workshop issue. I’m still hoping the update will reset whatever is keeping me from using the Eco Workshop. If it doesn’t I will post again and beg for your help. I feel like I’m yelling into the void. 

Message 37 of 218 (5,833 Views)

[Workaround] - Can't start shift at Eco Workshop

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Note 8, LG G5
OS Version Android 10, Android 8
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My guess is that this may be tied to the view an ad for bonus rewards option, as viewing the full ad and returning to the game sometimes doesn't visually reward anything but completes the quest. I've also seen this happening with career and hobby tracks where one of the options will disappear (e.g. standard shift won't be available).
What do you expect to see? the quest start indicator (magenta circle with a star in it)
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

After seeing that this didn't reach a definitive resolution here, I thought that I'd do a small writeup on what worked for me, as I wasn't going to wait around in hopes that it fixed itself at random or that the weekly reset would fix it (it didn't). Scroll down to the last section if you just want to see what worked for me. Standard smile

Prior to noticing the issue, I'm pretty sure that I'd watched an ad for bonus rewards (waiting the entire time until the x appeared), then returned to the game, but there was no visual credit. That's been happening with other rewards too, so I just kept going with other events. I've had to use 164 sim cash + a few cupcakes (70*2+24 - two days to speed up the daily and speed up the event start after fix today) to address the issue and would like that compensated, as spending that wouldn't have happened without the issue.

I've already had to open other tickets to reach a resolution, and the third may have gotten closed without addressing compensation.

The Fix

1. Unless you remember which sim was last at the workshop event, wait for all sims to complete their events, and summon them all to Parkside via something like interacting with the plants outside the workshop (tend, talk to, etc.)
  2. Let it idle for a couple minutes on the Parkside screen
  3. Hard restart your game (go to the app switcher and close it)
  4. Launch the game again
  5. Upon relaunch, I got two pink checkmarks, and one was for the eco workshop event. 
  6. After that, I sped up the start and ran interactions + energy refill until complete and hard restarted again to check that the event is still available (it is). (Edit: Note that this speed up + rush to completion most likely isn't necessary; I was just impatient and wanted to check if it worked + needed it for the quest.)

[Edit - Removed account info]

Message 38 of 218 (26,234 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I updated. It did not fix the issue. : ( : ( : ( I still cannot play the Eco Workshop. Please fix. 

Message 39 of 218 (5,788 Views)

Re: Eco Workshop - can't start shift + steps to solve (maybe)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've made a minimum of six contacts + a chat session, and support is still asking me for account info that's already been provided multiple times. This is mindblowingly terrible support.

Edit: Now at 9 days of no response, but at least there aren't repetitive questions, so that's a start.

Message 40 of 218 (5,670 Views)