Original Post

Accepted Solution

Won't let me load into even the lobby, says I need to reset password

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TheFizzWhiz
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Before I had even entered the lobby, the screen where it says Apex Legends and asks you to continue.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I had simply pressed A to continue and the screen popped up
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? I had not been in a match or played a match, it was before I could even fully enter the game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I am forced to a screen with a grey background and a little box. The screen asks me to reset my password and says my credentials have expired. I have reset my password more than 3 times by now and it still wont let me into the game
What should be happening instead? I should be entering the game and be loaded into the lobby
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am unaware of how this happened to me in the first place. One of my friends who hadn't been on the game in longer than me did not recieve any expired credentials but I had. The only way I can think to find this bug is to not play the game for an extended amount of time (no clue how much but easily over a month) and see if it pops up

When entering Apex Legends, I press A to continue where it then immediately puts me on a grey screen where it says this exact strain, "Reset Your Password. It's been a while since we've seen you, so your login credentials have expired. The good news: all you need to do is reset your password. We just sent a password reset email to ...," (nothing gets sent to the email) I have reset my password more than once and still can't enter my game.

Message 1 of 8 (1,356 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Won't let me load into even the lobby, says I need to reset password

Community Manager

Hi @TheFizzWhiz

Please reach out to the EA Help team so they can pull up your account and take a look. They should be able to help get you back up and running. 

For more info on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. The EA Help team also works on Twitter and Facebook if you'd rather speak with them there instead. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,315 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @TheFizzWhiz

Please reach out to the EA Help team so they can pull up your account and take a look. They should be able to help get you back up and running. 

For more info on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. The EA Help team also works on Twitter and Facebook if you'd rather speak with them there instead. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,316 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello i also have the same problem im playing on pc through steam and when i try to play it says reset password i have already changed my password 4 times and its giving me the same problem im trying to play the new season

Message 3 of 8 (1,278 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @dasherspeed

If you haven't already please reach out to the EA Help team so they can take a look at your account. The links in my post above should help you get in touch with them. 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,230 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

HI i'm having the exact same issue and by going through ea help it recommends this article and leaves you in a circle. this is where i started and after inputting all my information the recommended action is a link back to here.please help i cant play the game at all.

Message 5 of 8 (1,125 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SquidTheKidd75

Even if you choose the "can't log in" option on the EA Help site it keeps sending you to Answers HQ? 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 8 (968 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It says “Please remember we’re here to get you back into the game as soon as we can thanks for being patient!” And right under the message it says “Recommended Action- Answer HQ” gives me a description and I don’t have a way to log in after I was forced to change my password. It’s like stuck in a loop on steam for me. But I made a new account on origins and it works fine but I lost all my stuff I worked for. 

Message 7 of 8 (958 Views)

Community Manager
@SquidTheKidd75 Can you grab the url/full address of that page and post it.

As for te base issue, if you log out of help.ea.com, you can try to log back in with the Steam login option.

It sounds like your EA account that you're trying to reset is a different one to the one that's linked to Steam and which is requesting the password reset. Logging in via the Steam option should get you on the right account.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 8 (877 Views)