by oXSmowyWolfXo

Original Post

Won and didn’t receive RP

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ThatsRawrTastic
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Sahh doo and JennythaOG
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Wraith and lifeline?
Where did the issue occur? Returning to the lobby after a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Lobby
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Returning after a match
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 15
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.06.19 03:40
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? You’re not awarded RP for winning a ranked match
What should be happening instead? Give us back our rightful RP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Compete in a match of platinums and cry when you solo the final squad and earn zero RP because it decides to be treated as a regular match even though it clearly says ranked at the start and finish of the game.

It’s already a struggle to get anywhere in platinum rank with the -3 RP and it’s even more of a struggle when you win and earn nothing. I got 3 kills and won meaning I should’ve had -3 +3 + 12 = 12RP at the end of the game. Both teammates left halfway through the game because they died and were too tired to play. I should be awarded my RP considering I soloed my way to victory, except I didn’t and now I need to take a break from the game because the grind to the top is broken. I’m guessing it had something to do with one player disconnecting with apex crashing (Sahh Doo)

Message 1 of 16 (1,271 Views)

Re: Won and didn’t receive RP

Community Manager

@oXSmowyWolfXo Thank you for the detailed post. Did you happen to get a clip of this happening?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 16 (1,257 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I didn’t get a clip of it. After I won I started talking to my brother about how I ended up winning when he lagged out. it wasn’t until after I realize I hadn’t won any RP and it was too late to screen record that would capture the match gameplay with the ranked symbol in the top right. It also doesn’t bring you to an RP page, it brings you to the after-game XP page as if you were playing a normal game rather than a ranked one even though the bottom left is still set to ranked. I turned my Xbox off after I realized because it was nearly 4am and it sucked not getting the points. It wasn’t until after that I realized I could report it because I’m not one to report game bugs, but this is really detrimental to the ranked gameplay if you’re missing out on 12+ points in higher ranks. 

Message 3 of 16 (1,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David I tried to attach a photo but it’s not letting me. I have a screenshot on my account showing I was the champion squad in ranked which it’s the first game I’ve played since last night’s mess up, so it was a ranked game and I just never received RP.
Message 4 of 16 (1,233 Views)

★★ Novice

This also happened to me but I got 6 kills and 3rd place so I should have got a total of 12RP and I didn’t receive it. I have heard of this happening to numerous people when there teammates rage quit or just quit when going down and/or dying. My teammates quit after going down and I continued the game solo and got 6 kills and 3rd place and didn’t receive my RP. 

Message 5 of 16 (1,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This already happened to me today. Joined a match with two random players, during the match they died and I wasn't able to get the banner, they quit before the end of the match, I continued solo and finished with 4 kills in the second place, losing for the winning squad. I started this match with 285 ranked and I just continued to have the same 285 RP after this match. Looks like the bug is related to the players disconnection

Message 6 of 16 (1,170 Views)

★★ Novice

same here, I played a game yesterday and one today and didn't receive any rp for them. today's game one of the randoms disconnected and yesterday I died and my respawn timed out, still no rp only xp. Gimme my rp back man Frown

Message 7 of 16 (1,161 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, we're looking into reports of this. I've mostly seen folks getting into unranked games when they intended to be in ranked, so if you have any videos of RP being affected by dropping teammates, they will be very helpful. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 16 (1,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same and it didnt happend once i should have beed plat rn if it wasnt for that bug

Message 9 of 16 (1,146 Views)

★★ Novice
@oXSmowyWolfXo This happened to me as well. I placed 2nd with 4 kills and it treated my ranked match like unranked. I had a rando teammate lag out/stop moving early on in the match, I’m not sure if that’s related.
Message 10 of 16 (1,136 Views)