by spitfiresiemion

Original Post

Highlighted

Wolf teleporting through the ground in dark cave

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: Fe
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug After you unlock the 5th voice, you reach a dark cave where you have to use it to light mushrooms up (and thus see anything) and get the wolves to help you climb the icy slopes. However, there has been a case where the wolf (with me on its back) teleported to a tiny stone perch well below the slope due to collision and could not get out of there (on the screenshot I linked, he is just barely visible in the background past the mushrooms). It happened at the location that the person in this walkthrough passes at 5:46 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG4LRSYUc8I As a result, it was impossible to get up the slope and thus I did not have enough height to glide to next section. Fortunately, I found out that it is possible to skip that slope by climbing up mushrooms and small boulders just past the last mushroom gate before this slope, but it's difficult to control, requires maximum precision and forces you to rely on a pretty glitchy movement
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Go to the dark cave 2) Get on back of the wolf 3) In the place from screenshot, try to run at it from different angles - at some point, there is a chance you will glitch to the perch below.
What happens when the bug occurs? Wolf gets teleported from the main "road" up to a tiny perch he can't escape from.
What do you expect to see? Wolf not glitching/teleporting through the ground and going up the slope instead.

Luckily issue isn't completely progression-blocking, although the alternate route is difficult and clearly unintended. What makes things bad is mostly the fact that the game autosaves you when you and your wolf end up on that perch.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 1 of 1 (1,002 Views)