Re: Windows and doors look dark/in shadow

by laprembee

Original Post

Windows and doors look dark/in shadow

★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8
OS Version 14.4.2
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Doors and windows places on a specific spot.
What do you expect to see? Door and windows having all the same tone/ color/ lighting.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region South America
Country Brasil

3B1C1B0E-0EA4-477D-9588-A1E86092C8D7.jpeg

I had this problem about a year ago. Sim guru Alana even took my player id to have it checked — I was not the only one with this issue though.

Doors and windows look dark as if in shadow when placed at the center of the house, first and second floor.

I had this previously on my main lot, so in a different position. This is lot 419. I tried all I could. Moved the lights, added more light, turned off all lights and it still the middle ones show darker than the ones on the side. I changed the windows and doors and all look darker. Night and day mode.

It really spoils my construction Frown

Message 1 of 10 (1,313 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@laprembeeIs it just these windows and doors for you?

I’ve had this issue mostly with The Looker window but now after the update I noticed that the Looking Glass Large windows on my Landgraab lot are differently shaded. On Monday before the update they were normal and I haven’t changed anything on the lot. I have same windows on another lot and they’re fine.

edit: added the pic
9591A81C-B249-4F10-BE9B-D41CAA5A95BA.jpeg

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 10 (1,283 Views)

★ Guide
@Ilois4 I’ve tried with all kind of windows and doors, all of them get the shade bug. So I guess the bug is back with this new update 😭🚩🚩🚩
Message 3 of 10 (1,256 Views)

Hero

@laprembee  it is annoying when the colors vary 🤨

Lightrays bending differently after the equinox or holes in the ozone layer 🤔  Jk.. 😄 Maybe some adjustment in the update which had an unfortunate effect on this matter in the game. Fixing something in apps usually leads to some other issues, unfortunately 😅

But I was thinking that my Looker windows are on 419 Emerald dr and this new issue in my game is on the Landgraab lot. In both cases my windows are facing the sunset side. So rotated the room on the Landgraab lot and windows are fine when facing other directions. Hopefully my pic and logic makes sense. 😄 

996D9B10-0CFA-485C-82FA-73C39764BEC4.jpeg

Message 4 of 10 (1,239 Views)

★ Guide
@Ilois4 Omg thats too much! Hahha I had that problem about a year ago and it got fixed. Alana even asked for my player id to have it checked.

And it is back now with the update 27.0 :/
Message 5 of 10 (1,128 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @laprembee@Ilois4! I have been looking into this bug, but I am unsure what causes it for you, what lot does it happen to you? Could you please DM me your player ids? Thanks!

Message 6 of 10 (1,059 Views)

Hero
Hey @EA_DragonsEye
Mine is on the Landgraab lot. Sent you my player id. 👍

Message 7 of 10 (1,042 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_DragonsEye DM sent. Mine is on riverside 419.
Message 8 of 10 (1,030 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi! Thanks for the player id's I have reported this issue as a bug! @laprembee @Ilois4 

Message 9 of 10 (949 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_DragonsEye Oki, thank you, DE
Message 10 of 10 (928 Views)