by crinrict

Original Post

Will-o-the-Wisp Insect Terrarium is Now Missing from Build/Buy Debug

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for My Wedding Stories, Werewolves, and High School Years
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load a lot and enter build mode. Open the console and enter "testingcheats true," Then enter "bb.showhiddenobjects" into the console to make debug items accessible in the build/buy catalog. Then, type "will-" into the build/search bar to search for the Will-o-the-Wisp insect terrarium. Take note of the results that appear in the search results box directly above the search bar field. Results will include the "Will-o-the-Wisp" desk in Desks AND "Will-o-the-Wisp" in Misc. Decorations. Select the Misc Decorations, and the entire Misc Decorations section shows up in the catalog, but the Will-o-the-Wisp does not, because there IS no entry for the Will-o-the-Wisp insect terrarium in build mode anymore. OR, select the result that allows you to pull results based on text search for "will-" and results inclue ONLY the desk and NOT the "Will-o-the-Wisp" insect terrarium.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Will-o-the-Wisp insect terrarium has been removed from build/buy debug mode. It still appears in text search results in build/buy but is no longer in the catalog and can no longer be accessed via build/buy the way it used to be. This means it can no longer be accessed and added to builds the way it once was, which prevents builders from being able to add it to community lots and/or houses constructed for non-active families. All other insect terrariums from Outdoor Retreat are still accessible in Build/Buy debug. The Will-o-the-Wisp terrarium is the only one that's been removed. Note that this was tested multiple times in a mod/cc free VANILLA game AFTER both a factory reset AND a repair. This IS a problem with the game itself and is not mod or CC related in any way, because the problem exists in a freshly repaired vanilla game.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to continue using content I've paid for and was previously able to access. Please restore purchased content to build/buy mode so that it can be accessed again and used the way it was able to be used for several years previously. The ability to access previously purchased content should not be revoked from paying customers. Put the "Will-o-the-Wisp" insect terrarium back in build/buy debug mode the way it used to be. I am uncertain as to which patch removed this content from build/buy because there have been several patches installed since my last build, but I discovered the missing content today. You have removed purchased DLC from build/buy mode that was previously available for use. It used to be there, because I've used it in the majority of my builds for the past several years, but now it is suddenly and inexplicably gone. I paid for this content, and I expect it to be able to access and use what I purchased. Put it back.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The Will-o-the-Wisp insect terrarium has been removed from build/buy debug mode. It still shows in text search results, but the item itself is no longer in the build/buy catalog and therefore can no longer be used or added to builds.

This was tested in a freshly reset, freshly repaired, mod/cc free vanilla game, so it is a problem with the game itself and is not mod related. This item used to be present in build/buy debug but has inexplicably been taken away. 

Please restore purchased content to build/buy mode so that it can be accessed again and used the way it was able to be used previously. The ability to access previously purchased DLC should not be revoked from paying customers.

Message 1 of 7 (1,206 Views)

Re: Will-o-the-Wisp Insect Terrarium is Now Missing from Build/Buy Debug

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@BitterBubblyHmm that's odd, I can find it just fine. I'm currently building on a community lot so not sure if there are issues at residential lots? I just used "bb.showhiddenobjects", filtered by Outdoor retreat and then it's fastest to find from Miscellaneous decorations.

Anyways, I made a room with just Will-o-the-wisp in it and shared it on the gallery so anyone can find it and place it in their build. Search for my user @siirysiir and it's there. I named the room "Will O The Wisp Terrarium" without hyphens because I find that the gallery search isn't that great and I think it'd be easier to find it through my gallery page anyway. Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 7 (1,152 Views)

Hero
@BitterBubbly If I follow the instructions you gave, I can confirm that it's not there however it shows up fine if you filter by OR and Debug items for me as well.

Have you tested that method and it's also not working that way or is this just about the text not finding it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (1,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict, I tried filtering by OR stuff and by debug, and it still doesn't show up in my catalog. A listing shows in the text search for it, but it doesn't show up in the actual catalog to be selected and placed.

I've tested this on residential lots, rental lots, and on a generic lot specifically, and it's not available in the build/buy catalog to be placed on any of those lot types. If it matters, I've also tested in Windenburg, Glimmerbrook, and Granite Falls. It's nowhere to be found in my build/buy catalog, no matter which filters I apply. 

Terrariums I had already placed on lots are still there, but because it's in not in the catalog anymore (at least not in my game, no matter WHAT I do to try to get it to show up) it can't be placed on lots anymore. Frown

Thank you for looking into this. I appreciate it, and all that you do for our community. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,088 Views)

★★ Guide
@siirysiir Thank you for doing that. I spent 9 hours testing everything I could think of to test and troubleshooting to try to fix this before I submitted the bug report. I use the wisp terrarium in a LOT of my builds, so having it vanish from my build/buy catalog really caused a problem for me and was rather upsetting.

Kudos for the creative workaround, though. I know whatever is causing this problem isn't likely to be fixed, and if I wasn't able to solve it on my own, it's probably pretty obscure, so I appreciate still having a way to access this terrarium for builds.

I can put your room down on the lot and pull the wisp terrarium from it that way, since it's not in my build/buy catalog anymore, for some odd reason.

Thank you again.
Message 5 of 7 (1,079 Views)

Hero
@BitterBubbly You didn't reinstall the game, right ? Just a repair ? Only other suggestion I have then is to delete the folder for the GP (should be the folder GP01) and then just reinstall the pack.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,059 Views)

★★ Pro
@BitterBubbly no problem Standard smile I can understand your frustration, this is a very bizarre thing to happen for sure! I hope you can eventually find a solution! (That is not just a workaround..)
Message 7 of 7 (902 Views)