[WORKAROUND] Plants in Neighborhoods only produce at 5am in current location

by malaskah

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Plants in Granite Falls only produce at 5am

★★★ Newbie

So I got Outdoor Retreat recently and, for the perfect sim challenge, am trying to complete the aspiration that comes with it. Problem is, it's so rare to find ANY harvestable wild plants, and the only ones I've ever found in the world are fire leaf, poison fire leaf and the mushroom and the fake version of the mushroom. I've looked literally everywhere in granite falls and the secret lot. I'd prefer to not have to make another save because I've put so much effort into this save file and have redone so many buildings and townies, it would just be such a hassle to transfer all of them. I have all available add on content and some cc as well as a lighting mod and the OMSP shelf/red shelf mod.

Message 21 of 31 (6,265 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@SmolElizaLuna It's best to travel to Granite Falls in Summer, then all plants should be harvestable. Send your Sim to the lots you want to harvest before 5am, otherwise nothing will happen. The plants for the easy potions should all be available at the camping area and around the rentals.
Message 22 of 31 (6,260 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I wasn't sure if this was a design by the game or a bug. I do not remember if this happened pre or post Seasons or just the patch, but ALL of my harvestables, no matter what lot I am at or where I am ONLY show up if I am on the lot at 5 AM. I absolutely hate it. I greatly prefer the "time spent at lot" affecting the harvestables. So if my essentially, the gardens are worthless unless you are at someone's lot at 5 AM, whether a community garden or their own lot. I do not have any mods. This did this with Get Together, Pets, and Seasons installed, although now I have more packs.

Message 23 of 31 (6,226 Views)

outdoor retreat aspriation

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? AQRZS3S6598G9GYCLA44
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when you go to granite falls in outdoor retreat. i can't complete the aspiration, where you have to collected 10 Unidentified plants, most of the plant i wanna collect will not be in harvest.
What happens when the bug occurs? when i travel to granite falls and starting looking around i can't find any plants that can be harvest.
What do you expect to see? be able to complete the aspiration
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

when i go to granite falls to complete the aspiration, i'm not able to complete the identfity all plants 

Message 24 of 31 (6,028 Views)

Re: outdoor retreat aspriation

[ Edited ]
Hero

@unicorn_vdb26 As said in the other thread, please don't put your serial code as your game version. You find your current game version at the bottom of the main menu

Merging this with the thread on plants not producing unless you are on the lot at 5 am.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 31 (6,013 Views)

Re: outdoor retreat aspriation

★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me across the game. Plants are only becoming harvestable as normal in the world I'm living in. Everywhere else they do not age up to being harvestable, although if you look at trees you can see the sparks around where the full-size tree should be, even though it's just a sapling. I haven't tried hovering around in a world at 5am (didn't think of that before reading this post) but presumably it is the same issue. 

Message 26 of 31 (5,985 Views)

[WORKAROUND] Plants in Neighborhoods only produce at 5am in current location

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1 69 57 1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Seasons, Island Living, Dine out, Spa day, Outdoor retreat, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to other lots outside neighbourhood and look for wild plants. I tried Oasis Springs Park and several lots in Willow Creek (I was looking for blackberries and lilies specifically and went to lots I know they grow near. However, all wild plants seem to be gone).
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants/dirt piles are completely gone for wild plants (ie plants growing around lots) with some exceptions
What do you expect to see? Plants (if in season) or dirt piles (not in season)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recently installed Outdoor retreat (not 100% this is what caused the issue)

In my current save game all wild plants has disappeared from the game (except those in the neighbourhood around the sims' house, and the plants in Granite Falls). There are not even dirt piles visible, so it's not because the plants are not in season. As far as I can tell all wild plants in at least Oasis Springs and Willow Creek are missing.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 27 of 31 (9,292 Views)

Re: Wild plants missing in worlds

Hero

@malaskah 

I have noticed missing plants on occasion in my game.  But I have found that if you play a household in a zone where they have disappeared that almost all of them will come back eventually.  It might take a couple of days though.  Since everything with plants growing happens at around 5:30 AM, you need to active in the zone at that time.  

I had all the wild plants disappear for quite a long time in the Granite Falls State Park zone.  It went on for several RL months.  So I couldn't collect the plants in that zone.  But eventually, I ended up camping there for a few days and they came back and haven't disappeared again.

Another thing that happened is that one of the NAPs originally had NPCs weeding the wild plants.  In one case, none were left in one zone.  But again, after staying in the that zone for a couple of days, they grew back.  Like you, not even dirt piles were left.  But one of the patches since EL was to stop NPCs from doing that so it shouldn't happen anymore.

So the best advice I can give you is to play a household in those zones where the plants have disappeared for a couple of days and see if they come back on their own.  Otherwise, you might try repairing the game in Origin.

Hope this helps.

Message 28 of 31 (14,096 Views)

Re: Wild plants not growing AT ALL since installing cottage living

★★★★★ Newbie

Same. I've had it since Granite Falls. Nothing blooms there for years irl lol

Message 29 of 31 (5,796 Views)

Re: Wild plants not growing AT ALL since installing cottage living

[ Edited ]
Hero

@WeepingHound I moved your post over to older thread that was about GF and other hoods. The newer one is for Cottage Living atm (although they might actually need merging)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 31 (5,767 Views)