Wild plants/harvesting

by Skullchick90

Original Post

Re: Wild plants and trees not maturing or producing harvestables in Sulani

Hero
@dolldrms1 For sure they need to look into it. Just trying to figure out if it's JUST the 5 am issue or if something else is going on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 69 (2,184 Views)

Re: Wild plants and trees not maturing or producing harvestables in Sulani

★ Pro

@crinrict     I don't envy you trying to figure out what to do with this report. Part of me feels like the Granite Falls, Sulani threads you referenced and this one could all be combined because the issues probably all stem from the 5 am design, at least initially. BUT this is now all worlds for me and it feels like what may have started out as a 5 am issue has now progressed to more than just a time thing, i.e. some wild plants never producing. Something is broken, or not working as it should, imho.

Message 11 of 69 (1,627 Views)

Plants don't produce harvestables anymore

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except My First Pet Stuff and Paranormal Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Either plant things or keep an eye on wild plants, wait for 5:00am and be disappointed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants don't produce harvestables, no matter the season.
What do you expect to see? Plants producing harvestables at 5:00am sharp.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Plants (both wild and gardened) don't produce harvestables anymore. None of the debug options have made any difference. It doesn't seem to be related to seasons, as it also affects year-round plants like the ones that grow in Forgotten Hollow. The issue seems to have only started after the pre-Paranormal Stuff Pack update, and is only present in games I've started since then: I have one save I've been working on since December that is not affected by this glitch. In every save I've tried to start since then, however, the problem is seemingly unavoidable. I haven't seen this issue discussed anywhere else, so I'm not sure if it's a known issue or not.

Message 12 of 69 (1,605 Views)

Wild plants/harvesting

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39.7.4400 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work Paranormal Dine out Vampires Cool kitchen stuff Perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I travel to look for wild plants they don't always spear, when they do I cannot harvest.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the fruit/veg/flowers on the wild plants when I find them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Last sims patch

• I do not have an issue with the plants on my own lot, wild plants are the problem. They sparkle like when ready to be harvested but no fruit/veg or flowers to be seen on them and cannot be harvested. This occurs in all of the worlds I go to. 
Message 13 of 69 (1,690 Views)

Re: Wild plants/harvesting

Hero (Retired)
@Skullchick90 Plant harvest time is 5 am. Plants also need time to grow.

Does keeping a sim on the lot overnight allow you to harvest fully grown plants?
Message 14 of 69 (1,669 Views)

★★ Novice

I've never had a problem with this. I've always just looked for the plants and harvested. I've never really had to wait. I've been looking on and off for 4 days now. 

Message 15 of 69 (1,665 Views)

Hero
@Skullchick90 I don't know what: They don't always spear means, so do you not have any plants at all or are they not ready to harvest ?

There's threads for each of these if you have both, please click me too on the threads. If it's one or the other, please let me know so I can merge your post.

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Wild-plants-and-trees-not-maturing-or-producing-harvestables/m...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Wild-plants-missing-in-worlds/td-p/9851718

There's also the 5am issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-OR-Plants-in-Granite-Falls-only-produce-at-5am-in-curre... (thread is for OR though)

Sulani also has it's own thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Wild-plants-not-growing-in-Sulani/td-p/8018797

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 69 (1,637 Views)

★★ Novice

I have my own plants, I bought seeds so no problem with that. Whenever I go to other worlds to harvest, that's the problem. The plants sparkle as they do when ready to be harvested but nothing there and only lets me view them. 5 days now and nothing. I've tried the 5am thing, I was lucky with one plant and not all of them. So def a bug or something. 

Message 17 of 69 (1,622 Views)

Hero
@Skullchick90 Do they have any harvestables ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 69 (1,616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Skullchick90

The "Sparkle" doesn't mean they are ready to be harvested. It means they are ready to be evolved. Which can't be done on "public" plants... (which is a bug, but a completely different bug. The Devs either need to allow played sims to evolve public plants or turn off the "sparkle" if we can't evolve them. Having them constantly sparkle and no way to evolve them is annoying.)

The only sign they are ready to be harvested is if they have any fruits or flowers on it.

If the plants are in a public area, like on the street, you should be able to harvest them after 5am as long as its your own neighborhood.

If it's a neighborhood DIFFERENT from your residential neighborhood, OR the plants are on a public LOT, like a park lot that you have to go through a loading screen to get to... then you will need to spend at LEAST 24 hours on the lot, and if they are grown, they will spawn at 5am.  This is a bug that first appeared after Seasons was released and has been all but forgotten by the Devs.

That bug has carried over to Island Living with the sea shells. If you don't live on Ohan'ali Town, seashells won't spawn there until you spend at least a day or two there contiguously. It's quite annoying.

Message 19 of 69 (1,591 Views)