Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Wild Plants not maturing/producing harvestables

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions; all game packs except batuu, outdoor retreat and strangerville; stuff packs I own are tiny living, nifty knitting, movie hangout stuff, vintage glamour, perfect patio, kids room, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit the Bramblewood park with a sim
What happens when the bug occurs? very limited forageables. on the many times that i have been there in different seasons, I have managed to find one or two chocoberry bushes and one mushroom plant.
What do you expect to see? all (or most of) the berries and mushrooms required for the quests to be around to be foraged, the neighbourhood description says there is lots of plants in bramblewood but there are less than other neighbourhoods!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. buying cottage living

other people experiencing the same issue

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/opu5zc/spicy_and_lovely_mushrooms/

Edit By Crinrict: Merged a few threads. Totallying about +100 Me toos, adjusted title to be more general

Message 28 of 69 (14,703 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [COL] no mushrooms or forrageables in the bramblewood

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello All,

We would like to collect more saves,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 62 of 69 (5,494 Views)

All Replies

Wild plants and trees not maturing or producing harvestables

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content released to date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Live in Sulani
What happens when the bug occurs? None of the wild plants or trees are maturing and producing harvestables.
What do you expect to see? Plants and trees growing to maturity to produce harvestables.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edited to add after 4 days of additional gameplay after filing report that wild plants and trees are not maturing or producing harvestables in any Sims 4 worlds.

New save started after installing SE.  After weeks of sim play time, not a single coconut tree, kava plant, taro plant or pineapple plant has grown to the point it will produce a harvestable item.

My conservationist sim living in Sulani had to resort to buying a pineapple to finish the level 6 work from home task of planting something.  I do play rotationally with three families so there have been times I am away from the conservationist for about 8 days prior to returning.  The other two families live in Mt. Komorebi.

Message 1 of 69 (6,247 Views)

Re: Wild plants and trees not maturing or producing harvestables in Sulani

Hero
@dolldrms1 Is this in the neighborhood your Sim lives on other hoods and it works in the one your Sim lives in ?

Sounds like this issue for Granite Falls: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-OR-Plants-in-Granite-Falls-only-produce-at-5am-in-curre...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 69 (6,225 Views)

★ Pro

Possibly related for all I know. However, that would mean that in order for a sim in Sulani to have access to plants and trees that produce anything they would have to live on Mua Pel'am or a specific neighborhood area where plants and trees are located.

The pre-made Kealoha family lives in that waterfront lot. I've gone to work with him on Mua Pel'am for sim weeks and no plants or trees mature and produce. I've even seen some of them revert to dirt piles after having rotated back to the family after playing a sim family in Mt. Komorebi for a few sim days. The coconut trees have never matured to the point where they even look like more than a small, freshly sprouted bush. As a matter-of-fact, none of the wild plants or trees anywhere in the Sulani world have matured to producing, even though I have tried to spend time in all areas doing something like fishing, nor has the crystal spike rock near the volcano respawned.

My primary intent was to report the problem for Sulani when I posted but I realized after a play session last night that I haven't encountered a single producing wild plant or tree and that rocks don't seem to be respawning once dug in any of the worlds. Since one of the sims I play is a collector and another has the Angling Ace aspiration, I've travelled a lot in all the worlds over multiple sim weeks, trying hard to spend enough time in areas for timers to kick in and work. Alas, no joy.

I did a game repair on 11/14/20 and another on 12/2/20, deleting localthumbcache each time. Neither game repair has alleviated the situation for me.  So, no, wild plants and trees are not producing in either world in which I have sims living, nor in worlds in which I've had them spend time.

Message 3 of 69 (6,207 Views)

Hero
@dolldrms1 Also found this old report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Wild-plants-not-growing-in-Sulani/td-p/8018797

For rock spawning there's this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Rocks-not-spawning-in-neighborhoods/td-p/6888502/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 69 (6,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@crinrict I didn't expect to hear from you until after the patch drops, lol.  Take that break you need!

Thank you for the links.  I posted in the rock spawning link the same day I posted this report.  I had missed the Sulani report and have gone ahead and clicked me too in that thread today.

I've also edited the title of this report to indicate just wild plants and trees not maturing, period, the end.  After 4 additional days of playing, I can't find a single wild plant or tree that has matured to the point of producing anything in any of the worlds.  None present anywhere.

I couldn't even get harvestables from the community gardens in Willow Creek.  I don't have a sim living in Willow Creek in this save but have sent both my collector and Angling Ace sim there on multiple occasions.  That seems to come back to having to be present at the 5 a.m. theory, which is a source of frustration for me.

ETA: Oops, looks like my attempt to edit out "in Sulani" from the subject line didn't take.  Guess editing that line by the poster isn't an option.

Message 5 of 69 (6,171 Views)

Hero
@dolldrms1 Just getting ready for that patch :D

Could you test if it sprouts at 5 am to see if it's the same ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 69 (6,153 Views)

★ Pro

Sorry, Crin, should have mentioned that I would test that 5 a.m. theory at the community garden. I knew you would need that done but should have realized you aren't a mind reader to know I would do it, lol.

The answer is yes, that's at least part of the problem. I say partly because it was a mixed bag of results, at the garden anyway. Sent sim prior to 5 a.m. and the only option on the apple tree was to collect microscope sample. The potato plant showed out of season but the bluebell, snapdragon, 2 chrysanthemum plants and the strawberry plant had no options whatsoever. After 5, the apple tree produced fruit and the snapdragon sprouted but had no options. The bluebell, chrysanthemums and strawberry plants still had no options. The frog log collected from sim weeks ago also didn't respawn. The snapdragon and chrysanthemums are supposed to produce in the fall, which is the current season in this save.

I'm attaching a pic because there was also some strangeness encountered. Mousing over those items showed a pic of her daughter who was at home in the new SE bed first, then the plant info overlay would appear over that pic. Above the daughter's image it said "Single Bed", which I mention because you can't see under the plant info overlay in the pic. Totally bizarre.

Message 7 of 69 (6,140 Views)

Hero
@dolldrms1 OK. Guess I'm going to leave this separate for now.

Did you ever have any plants disappear outright like this user: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Wild-plants-missing-in-worlds/td-p/9851718

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 69 (6,100 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict   To answer your question first, I don't think any plants have just disappeared. I can find plants but will add I've felt like there has seemed to be fewer plants in the worlds for quite some time. I had just figured there was some sort of design change, probably for performance reasons as the game is now so large. That's more of an impression I am left with rather than anything I know to be fact.

I play 14 day seasons so it is taking me some time to get to different areas at the 5 a.m. time frame. I can get most plants to produce at that time but some plants seem, well, broken is the only term that comes to mind. In that community garden besides the plants I already mentioned that didn't produce, in winter the potato plant didn't produce potatoes either. Potatoes also didn't produce in a home garden in winter. That particular plant isn't on a lot that I play in this save but had a sim visit by 5 a.m.

I also haven't had any of the plants in Sylvan Glades produce anything. The bottom line is that I simply don't know how much of what I am experiencing is "design" and how much is "broken". Something sure isn't working correctly for some plants not to produce anything in the proper season, as I am encountering. For example, in that garden behind the BFF household in Willow Creek, the snapdragon never produced a flower in season but the wild snapdragon plant behind the Nishidake household in Mt. Komorebi that I'm playing in this save does produce. I can only presume the snapdragon plant in the WC garden is broken, at least in my game.

This problem is cumbersome to test but it certainly feels like it should be looked at. A player should not have to jump through hoops to get a sim to an area by 5 a.m. to find a harvestable and then encounter some plants not producing at all. My poor sims are all exhausted from having been drug out of bed to be sure they arrive somewhere by 5 a.m. in the hopes they can get that harvestable they want, lol.

Message 9 of 69 (6,083 Views)