Re: Wifi connectivity on Android

by RedSaber5k

Original Post

Wifi connectivity on Android

★★ Novice

I have been having connectivity issues on Android. During start up i get stuck at "Checking for Updates" and when I finish a fight I am stuck before it says "victory"

This only happens when I am on Wifi and the game gets unstuck when I switch to mobile data.

I have read about other people having similar issues on IOS, but didn't see any fix for Android...

Message 1 of 6 (419 Views)

Community Manager

@s_wanderno36 Hi,

If it only happens with the Wifi connection, try to powercycle your router and move closer to it to ensure a more stable connection.

I have noticed the same at my home when ever I am too far away and the connection gets a bit sketchy.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 6 (388 Views)

★★ Novice
It is definitely not a router issue. All other apps on the phone work fine with WiFi. It's just SWGOH that keeps getting stuck...
Message 3 of 6 (379 Views)

★★★ Novice

@s_wanderno36 wondering if you ever got this issue resolved. I'm having similar issues and have yet to fix the issue on my android phone (playing on a different android phone on the same wifi with no issues......), have also tested on iOS with some initial issues and now no issues. See details here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-and-Issues/Unable-to-launch-game-stuck-at-Checking-for-Updates/m-p/545...

Message 4 of 6 (358 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have had this happen, and am being restarted a lot for no apparent reason. Not sure what is happening, but after a few times, I go play other games.

Message 5 of 6 (347 Views)

★★★ Novice

Mine ended up being a router firmware issue. Noticed some discrepancies in my google play account when on a different device and looked into why my information wasn't updating to the new device. Found an update to my firmware and now it runs much better.

Message 6 of 6 (338 Views)