Why won't my sim's husband move in?

by AmethystLeopard2

Original Post

Why won't my sim's husband move in?

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy s8+
OS Version Newest
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003339898258
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Marrying another player's sim, then going through the actions to ask to move in.
What do you expect to see? The action being gray, telling you theres no room in the house hold
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

My sim lives with her brother and there's 3 bedrooms and 5 beds (i just added one so its not in the screenshot). Everytime she asks him to move in the box is gray and it continues to say there's not enough room in the household. Below are the sims and my house set up. Please tell me what im doing wrong.

Note: the husband is someone else's sim but is not

retired, for the player is like level 12.

Message 2 of 6 (745 Views)

Why

★★★ Novice

My sim is married to another person's sim, their relationship level is 8, and the only other person living in her hous is her brother. There's 3 bedrooms in the house, one of which contains two single beds. Usually the husband moves right in, right? Well, when I checked the actions the ask to move in was gray and said there's not enough room. It's not like I can just move the brother out, since both of them are playable adults. What am i supposed to do?

Message 1 of 6 (732 Views)

Re: Why won't my sim's husband move in?

★ Expert

The game could still have that sim in retire status where all his traits are full and he could be retired at any moment . When you ask another player's sim to move in your game, you will take that sim out of the original owners game . You need the owner of that sim's permission to take their sim out of their game and into yours.  That sim could be already married in the original owners game and they are not willing to give you their sim.  There is a board for trading sims here in the general info section so you can find a willing player to give you a sim if your looking for a spouse. You can also use NPC sims that have no plumbob

If the player your dealing with at the moment won''t give you their sim, do mean interactions to break your sims up and your sim will be able to remarry 

I don't know why your option is greyed out. Maybe someone else can tell you 

Message 3 of 6 (740 Views)

★ Expert

Sorry It looks like you may not have all your sim slots unlocked. I'm looking at your post on a smaller screen . you have to unlock sim slots to add more playable sims. But what I said about move in still stands You need the player's permission to take their sim 

Message 4 of 6 (735 Views)

@AmethystLeopard2 please keep to one post. I've replied to your question over here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Husband-hasn-t-moved-in-can-t-ask-him-to-do-so/m-p/6895522#M61...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 6 (705 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You can only have a Sim move in if you have a open Sim slot. If you look at the bottom of the screen there are two additional slots for more Sims.

Message 6 of 6 (653 Views)