Why is my sim getting bills twice per week?

by spicyelephant

Original Post

Why is my sim getting bills twice per week?

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a character for over a week. If you get bills twice within 7 days, you are experiencing what I experience.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim receives bills twice per week, on Monday AND on Thursday. They are hefty bills - 600+ dollars for a 20k house in Brindleton Bay.
What do you expect to see? Bills should only arrive once weekly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I am playing the Sims 4 on my Windows PC. I played a family, and have moved out all adult kids to their own individual homes. But for some reason, one of the adult kids gets bills twice per week, on Monday and Thursday. He can barely get ahead because of these outrageous bills! This is a little too close to real life. I have never had this happen before, and I have been playing various Sims games since the games came out. Any help?

Message 1 of 12 (2,142 Views)

Re: Why is my sim getting bills twice per week?

Hero
@spicyelephant Are you playing rotationally ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,085 Views)

★★ Novice

Hmmm, I don't know what you mean!

Message 3 of 12 (2,067 Views)

★ Guide
@spicyelephant It means that you have multiple households and you play them in rotation, like one week each.
Message 4 of 12 (2,065 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh, sometimes. I will stick with one for a couple of weeks, then go to another for a day or two, then go to another for a couple of weeks. But the twice weekly bills only happen to the one character, not all the other ones. 

Message 5 of 12 (2,027 Views)

Hero
@spicyelephant If you play that character that has the issue for say two or three weeks in a row, does the issue continue ?

Hast the Sim been at Uni ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (2,008 Views)

★★ Novice

That Sim hasn't gone to university, and I only play him for a week or two in game before going to one of his siblings to play. 

Message 7 of 12 (1,967 Views)

Hero
@spicyelephant My suggestions was to play him a bit longer to see if the bill correct themselves after playing a while.

Like play for three weeks before changing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (1,952 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestion!

Message 9 of 12 (1,901 Views)

Hero
@spicyelephant Did the bills correct themselves or are you still getting them twice a week ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (1,846 Views)