by alessandrolore23

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why i cant do certain types of Dunk?

★★★ Novice

Product: NBA LIVE 19
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which version? Full Game
Which feature / component / location in game are you experiencing issues with? The one
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In one Mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Im not sure is a bug
What should be happening instead? Cant do some Dunks
How severe is the bug? C - Medium

I'm a 99 overall( Vince Carter Icon), i selected street dunk animation but when i try to do certain type of dunk i can't. For example the " double dunk". Anyone have the same problem?

Message 1 of 10 (4,546 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why i cant do certain types of Dunk?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

OK I found this on the 10/9/2018 hugh patch of October which is when I found I was tired cuz of the stamina bar introduced and noticed soon after that no more fancy dunks where being done.

Dunks

• More signature dunks have been applied to additional NBA players
  • Decreased the likelihood of a Highlight dunk from playing in traffic
  • Adjusted various dunks to ratings, to decrease crazier dunks from playing on low skilled dunkers
  • Put a larger penalty to decrease the likelihood of repeating signature or Highlight dunks in a single game
  • More appropriate selection for handedness and context
  • Left handed players should be more likely to use left handed finishes

STAMINA

• Holding sprint will now decrease your short-term stamina quicker
    • The longer you hold it, the faster you will tire out
  • If you are too tired, but request a dunk you will now have a chance of missing the dunk
  • The more tired you are the slower you will physically move

So I did some more research and they are still in the game. What's happening is that the patch limited the signature & highlight dunks in traffic and also repeating too often (like never) in a single game and they adjusted certain dunks ratings to have less of a chance from occurring on low skilled dunkers.

The low skilled chance is not a factor for us since I'm a 95 or 96 forgot on my dunk skills and your overall is a 99 but I don't know what build you are. I'm a Rim Protector with evolution icon 98 overall because of the bug playing the demo and transferring into full game did not get to a 99 but I'm a 100 xp with Max skills, max icon stacked 3x and 3 gold traits.

I have proof that someone did perform the double dunk here published March 5, 2019

https://youtu.be/DtwZBgQ83V0

Also this player at reddit live performed 5 hrs ago

jmastermind
5h

They just happen randomly...i got a wing defender with donovan mitchell dunks and i did a double dunk on a fast break by myself...had no idea that would even be in his package

Also this helps

BecomingZarathustra
2h

In my experience you gotta be wide open for a lot of the fancier dunks to kick in, or in chase-down situations.

Tbh tho Blake Griffin and VC have better dunk-on animations anyways, tho some of them are included in street dunks. Street dunks just have the most variety of options from what I've seen, which can be good or bad. The good thing is that you get more dunks overall, as you have a dunk for pretty much any angle/spot near the basket. The bad is that in chase down situations you can end up going for a cockback against your will and get blocked for no reason lol or tryna do some fancy * on a RP and get snagged.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBAlive/comments/b3chek/street_dunks_not_doing_it_all/

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBAlive/comments/axux2m/double_dunk_with_wing_shooter/

This one shows that the Vince Carter does indeed perform them

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBAlive/comments/9akwnd/vince_carter_double_dunk/

Blake Griffin does the elbow dunk seen here

https://youtu.be/nTLkPnWF0f4

I don't think I have done the backwards cross arms one with street dunks, have you? If I remember correctly it was with Blake Griffin that I started to do the elbow dunk and the double dunk because I still hadn't opened up the street dunks back in September 2018 in the beginning. I do though remember doing more dunks on street dunks and I think I did do a elbow or double with street dunks, not sure.

All that changed once they introduced the 10/09/2018 patch and the game became more rigid, less fun. Like the flow of the early game was sweet and then ea slapped realism and dulled it a bit at least with stamina and dunks.

Now if I do remember I would find myself performing these dunks by slightly angle the joystick at a angle. Like if the controller is a clock you want to not just go up, down, left or right but rather 1.5, 4.5, 7.5, 10.5 o-clock. Mid way from 12 and 3, 3 and 6, 6 and 9 and 9 and 12 o-clock if that makes any sense. I found that angling the joy stick like that would create dazzling dunks like the elbow and double dunks.

I don't know if it changed or if like the other guy stated that it happens random but because of this patch there is less of a chance you can trigger it. Definitely the stamina depletion does not help either cuz it will make you miss a dunk or just do a simple layup.

The only way to test this out is go to practice after you change your dunk packages and test out the dunks with the described angling of joystick to see if it happens there in a free environment where it is more forgiving. 

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (4,464 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm not sure but I think it was take out because I could do those double dunks early in September with the street dunks but I have not seen those dunks performed by no one since October 2018. I don't even know what to press to get that animation or if it another dunk pack lower than the street dunks that can still perform double dunk. They were insane when you made them. On ps4 so if xbox one don't got them either maybe ea stripped them out of game in the big October 2018 patch. I performed the double dunk in streets 3 vs 3 and in Live Events back in 09/2018 so they where initially there. I'm a 99 but show up as 98 Evolution Rim Protector and did those I think on my 3rd or 4th dunk pack before going to street dunks but I did them also one or 2 times on street dunks before they where just not showing up. I miss the double dunks EA bring it back or tell us how it's done, thanks.

Message 2 of 10 (4,518 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks a lot, Really. I have spent one entire Week trying to perform this type of dunk but without successFrown . Another problem is with vince Carter dunks( like the elbow in the rim), i'm still trying and hoping
Message 3 of 10 (4,511 Views)

★ Guide
Yeah I don't know what happened to the elbow in the dunk either. Seems to be missing also. I would assume the street dunks would contain all of the previous dunks in other packs since it's the last pack and has them all for dunking. I have not done a elbow dunk or double dunk in a while. Would love to discover them again and any new fancy ones...
Message 4 of 10 (4,499 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have the same problem with Tristan jass Layups.
I cant do one of them. Only the sameFrown
Message 5 of 10 (4,493 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks God i found Someone with the same problem. Ea doesnt give me an answer!
Message 6 of 10 (4,490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

OK I found this on the 10/9/2018 hugh patch of October which is when I found I was tired cuz of the stamina bar introduced and noticed soon after that no more fancy dunks where being done.

Dunks

• More signature dunks have been applied to additional NBA players
  • Decreased the likelihood of a Highlight dunk from playing in traffic
  • Adjusted various dunks to ratings, to decrease crazier dunks from playing on low skilled dunkers
  • Put a larger penalty to decrease the likelihood of repeating signature or Highlight dunks in a single game
  • More appropriate selection for handedness and context
  • Left handed players should be more likely to use left handed finishes

STAMINA

• Holding sprint will now decrease your short-term stamina quicker
    • The longer you hold it, the faster you will tire out
  • If you are too tired, but request a dunk you will now have a chance of missing the dunk
  • The more tired you are the slower you will physically move

So I did some more research and they are still in the game. What's happening is that the patch limited the signature & highlight dunks in traffic and also repeating too often (like never) in a single game and they adjusted certain dunks ratings to have less of a chance from occurring on low skilled dunkers.

The low skilled chance is not a factor for us since I'm a 95 or 96 forgot on my dunk skills and your overall is a 99 but I don't know what build you are. I'm a Rim Protector with evolution icon 98 overall because of the bug playing the demo and transferring into full game did not get to a 99 but I'm a 100 xp with Max skills, max icon stacked 3x and 3 gold traits.

I have proof that someone did perform the double dunk here published March 5, 2019

https://youtu.be/DtwZBgQ83V0

Also this player at reddit live performed 5 hrs ago

jmastermind
5h

They just happen randomly...i got a wing defender with donovan mitchell dunks and i did a double dunk on a fast break by myself...had no idea that would even be in his package

Also this helps

BecomingZarathustra
2h

In my experience you gotta be wide open for a lot of the fancier dunks to kick in, or in chase-down situations.

Tbh tho Blake Griffin and VC have better dunk-on animations anyways, tho some of them are included in street dunks. Street dunks just have the most variety of options from what I've seen, which can be good or bad. The good thing is that you get more dunks overall, as you have a dunk for pretty much any angle/spot near the basket. The bad is that in chase down situations you can end up going for a cockback against your will and get blocked for no reason lol or tryna do some fancy * on a RP and get snagged.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBAlive/comments/b3chek/street_dunks_not_doing_it_all/

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBAlive/comments/axux2m/double_dunk_with_wing_shooter/

This one shows that the Vince Carter does indeed perform them

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBAlive/comments/9akwnd/vince_carter_double_dunk/

Blake Griffin does the elbow dunk seen here

https://youtu.be/nTLkPnWF0f4

I don't think I have done the backwards cross arms one with street dunks, have you? If I remember correctly it was with Blake Griffin that I started to do the elbow dunk and the double dunk because I still hadn't opened up the street dunks back in September 2018 in the beginning. I do though remember doing more dunks on street dunks and I think I did do a elbow or double with street dunks, not sure.

All that changed once they introduced the 10/09/2018 patch and the game became more rigid, less fun. Like the flow of the early game was sweet and then ea slapped realism and dulled it a bit at least with stamina and dunks.

Now if I do remember I would find myself performing these dunks by slightly angle the joystick at a angle. Like if the controller is a clock you want to not just go up, down, left or right but rather 1.5, 4.5, 7.5, 10.5 o-clock. Mid way from 12 and 3, 3 and 6, 6 and 9 and 9 and 12 o-clock if that makes any sense. I found that angling the joy stick like that would create dazzling dunks like the elbow and double dunks.

I don't know if it changed or if like the other guy stated that it happens random but because of this patch there is less of a chance you can trigger it. Definitely the stamina depletion does not help either cuz it will make you miss a dunk or just do a simple layup.

The only way to test this out is go to practice after you change your dunk packages and test out the dunks with the described angling of joystick to see if it happens there in a free environment where it is more forgiving. 

Message 7 of 10 (4,465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Update:

Looked at my dunk skill and its at 95. Looked at my dunk progression not the icon my mistake, and it has Blake Griffin right before street dunks so that the one I used which performed elbow and double dunks in September 2018.

I'm on ps4 so tried the court practice inside THE ONE where you can practice your character and have do get the check marks by doing the moves and there is no stamina bar meter. You can practice there to do moves like layups, dunks, shots, fades, dribble moves etc. I tried multiple times for a hour to do a elbow or double dunk using my joy stick and trying different angles and driving with r2 and pressing square from different position in the court with no success.

Maybe it only does it in a street live events or street run games. Maybe they just took it off for my character or I'm not doing it right. I will ask around at reddit but the previous poster stated it happens random. Maybe it only happens now with certain builds...

If EA can step in and gives us some insight on the elbow dunk and the double dunk I would appreciate it, Thank You all...

Message 8 of 10 (4,443 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im a wing scorer( right now i use street dunk animation because i have to unlock VC dunks). i'm quite disappointed about this situation, i remembered that in nba live 18 dunking was really really nice, i used to perform anytime fancy dunk with my previous character. I love nba live 19 but Ea has to upgrade not only the store and add new animation, but upgrade the gameplay. I bought the game on microsoft store in dicember so i couldnt imagine the october patch changes a lot of thingsFrown

Message 9 of 10 (4,432 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Blake Griffin and VC have better dunk-on animations anyways, though some of them are included in street dunks. Street dunks just have the most variety of options from what I've seen, which can be good or bad. The good thing is that you get more dunks overall, as you have a dunk for pretty much any angle/spot near the basket. The bad is that in chase down situations you can end up going for a cockback against your will and get blocked for no reason lol or tryna do some fancy * on a RP and get snagged

I've been using the Blake Griffin and it seems more often stable and I dunk more. With street dunks it true you get more dunks but sometimes they don't trigger and you do a layup which I miss oddly. Also I posted a topic on Reddit about the missing dunks but no one has responded. I guess we are alone to figure it out but, I just don't know why those sweet dunks are gone. I have dunk packs that are locked with no way of opening and the ones I own have been limited by that 10/9 huge patch. I can assure you that was the #1 reason you don't see those dunks any more, they spelled it out;

Decreased the likelihood of a Highlight dunk from playing in traffic
Adjusted various dunks to ratings, to decrease crazier dunks from playing on low skilled dunkers
Put a larger penalty to decrease the likelihood of repeating signature or Highlight dunks in a single game.

The funny thing is on Blake's animation dunk he does a elbow but I can't do it or seen anyone do it lately. On street dunks animation there is a backwards double arm crossed dunk but I haven't seen that either lately. So there's is a conspiracy on these dunks. I know elbow and double dunks where there, now gone for me.

I will keep trying to see if either myself or someone else make these dunks in game. If I get one or see one I'll post it...

Message 10 of 10 (4,421 Views)