by EMODEADPOOL

Original Post

Why cant abandoned cars be modified

★ Apprentice

Product: Need for Speed Payback
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Abandoned cars cant be modified and aren't in the store
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? EMODEADPOOL
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 06/26/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 2:30
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Find the police car and and get it to the garage and try to modify it and then go to the car shops and notice the car isn't in any of them
What happens when the bug occurs? Stupidness
What do you expect to see? To modify all abandoned cars including the police car
Please select your region North America
Were you connected to other players when the bug occurred? No

Stupid asf

Message 1 of 4 (3,500 Views)

Re: Why cant abandoned cars be modified

★★★ Newbie

The abandoned cars are all the bosses cars so you basically can't alter the visuals of the cars. Instead, you can modify the performance of the cars. And talking about the police car, that car is Crown Victoria and those cars can't be modified because those are cop cars and neither bought from any dealerships. The abandoned cars are in the dealerships but only as stock.

Message 2 of 4 (3,478 Views)

★ Apprentice
stupid all cars should be modifiable they are turning into gta its nfs let us modify all of the cars
Message 3 of 4 (3,375 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EMODEADPOOLThis is not so much a bug, as more an intentional design choice. However, I completely agree with you!

As well as the boss cars, the FVPD Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (one of my favourite cars and literally the reason why I bought Payback) has hidden customization options such as a halogen incandesent rotator lightbar, different push/bull bars, rear mounted plate readers, as well as the option to remove the lightbar and push bar or add decals to the car. Unfortunately, we are still unable to access these hidden options to this day without modifications...

I know I'm very late to this topic, but I'm sorry we didn't get to access these features. Thanks for trying to raise awareness about it!

Message 4 of 4 (706 Views)