Why Did I Receive 36,000 Legend Tokens and 30 Apex Packs?

by Bar0ntom

Original Post

Why Did I Receive 36,000 Legend Tokens and 30 Apex Packs?

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia RTX 2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Bar0ntom
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Returning to the lobby after a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. When returning to main menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. N/A
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 1.2.2020
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? When returning to the lobby I randomly received 36,000 tokens and 31 Apex Packs with no message or alert that I gained them.
What should be happening instead? Return to lobby with your normal amount of packs and tokens
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Within the Lobby screen

Hi, 

I've recently got back into playing Apex Legends on PC and I noticed after playing my first game on the 1st Feb (I gave it a few days to see if they'd be removed automatically) that I randomly received 36,000 tokens and 30 Apex Packs? Why did this happen, Is it a glitch or did I get hacked or was I meant to earn these for some reason that I dont know? I am level 45 and I'm wondering what to do next? I have also played a game with a friend of mine to check that she didn't receive the same, but it was just me. I just want some confirmation on what to do as I am worried, whether I am safe to spend the tokens and open the packs and dont want to get into any trouble or do they need to be withdrawn which I completely understand.

Please let me know, thank you Standard smile 

Message 1 of 8 (2,735 Views)

Re: Why Did I Receive 36,000 Legend Tokens and 30 Apex Packs?

★★★★★ Expert
@Bar0ntom I think you got the retroactive packs and legend tokens since some changes were made to the existing level up reward system a couple of months ago. No need to worry.
Message 2 of 8 (2,721 Views)

★ Novice
@BaldWraithSimp Thank you for your reply! It just seemed like a lot of tokens and packs for the changes? Also considering I'm only level 45?
Message 3 of 8 (2,702 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Bar0ntom I might have to check it out from the internet. Gimme a couple of minutes while I go on my quest to seek knowledge from the Witty Wisdom Wizard(www).
Message 4 of 8 (2,696 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Bar0ntom Okay so I scoured the whole internet and found this post on Reddit finally. The system was basically messed up. Lvl 100 players were supposed to get 14 packs and so that means the lower level players would get even less. But Respawn just went nuts and some players got more rewards than they should have. So you are level 45. Let's do some basic maths:-

2-20 level - you get 19 packs

20-45 level - you get 12 packs( one pack/two levels)

Total packs - 31(that's what u received)

But you already had received some packs before the new system was implemented. Well, simply put Respawn messed up big time. Sorry, it took a while. Yes, they are more than what you should get, but hey 'More the merrier'. And no, I didn't think you would be banned because Respawn gave you those packs. Go get a wrench and open those loot boxes. They are yours to keep forever. So you will get one legendary for sure. You may get some more if you are lucky. Good luck.

For verification- https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/e79hjv/lvl_45_friend_got_31_packs/

Message 5 of 8 (2,672 Views)

★ Novice
@BaldWraithSimp Hey, Thank you so much! I suppose that makes sense. What about the 36,000 Legend tokens then? Were they messed up in the update too?
Message 6 of 8 (2,664 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Bar0ntom Yeah that probably. No need to worry. If you still have doubts, contact support maybe. But I don't think it will cause any problems for you.
Message 7 of 8 (2,584 Views)

★ Novice
@BaldWraithSimp Thank you very much for all your help, I'm gonna go on Apex right now! Standard smile Just in case I need to, how would I go about contacting support? Everywhere I looked before took me to this website, sorry to be a pain with all the questions lol but I really appreciate your help, thanks again Standard smile
Message 8 of 8 (2,527 Views)