by crinrict

Original Post

White Cakkkkeeessss and Clay

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, it just happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims bake cakes without being prompted, sometimes more than one over and over again. Play with clay all the time and just appears in their inventory.
What do you expect to see? Sims bake cakes without being prompted, sometimes more than one over and over again. Play with clay all the time and just appears in their inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sims still won't stop baking white cakes or playing with clay that magically appears in their inventory.  I was hoping it would be fixed with this last update but alas, it did not.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed missing Template

Message 1 of 9 (450 Views)
Highlighted

Re: White Cakkkkeeessss and Clay

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lov2500 Are the NAPs active ? If so, it will still happen

Do your active Sims bake or just the NPCs ?

Does the clay appear in your active Sims inventory or the one of the NPCs ?

Do you have any club meetings going on at the same time ?

This is what should happen:

• Foodie NAP: If you have the NAPs active, Sims on the lot (except active) bake stuff. Depending on cooking skill this often results in just white cake. There do seem still issues with an obsession of baking white cake and nothing else when it's active. They also do this in club meetings though so if you have both, that could explain why it's only white cake
  • Performing Arts NAP: The NPCs will create clay and play with that but after they leave, the clay should be destroyed. If you had clay from before the patch, it will still be there and they will use it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (407 Views)

Hero
@Lov2500 Tagging to see my question

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (372 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you!

Just actie Sims bake.

Clay appears in active.

No club meetings.

I don't believe either of these NAPs were active but I did not check when it happened.

This seemed to have happened recently, before the latest update.

Message 4 of 9 (364 Views)

Hero
@Lov2500 Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (362 Views)

Endless Cake

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, eco lifestyle, university, island, famous, seasons, pets, city, get together, work, magic, strangerville, jungle, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa, outdoor, knitting, tiny home, moschino, laundry, fitness, bowling, vintage glamour, backyard, kids stuff,garden, movie, kitchen, patio, luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have roommate, host parties or social gatherings
What happens when the bug occurs? NPCs and inactive households make white cakes
What do you expect to see? At least 3 more cakes baked (NPCs have currently baked 8 cakes in my household with a roommate in my fridge)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am not sure if this is an issue for every household or not, but my single sim has one roommate and since the roommate moved in, the roommate makes cake after cake. Specifically white cakes. I thought it was just the roommate to begin with, but when hosting gatherings, other NPCs and invited non played households also make cakes when in my house.

This bug is hilarious. There is at least 8 cakes that I have put in my sim’s fridge since this started. There’s always cake.

At least it’s not a game ending bug. It’s just frustrating having to clean all the cakes up. 

I do say that it’s hilarious, though. 

Message 6 of 9 (375 Views)

Re: Endless Cake

Hero
@ismartpanda There's two reasons for this, all of which have their separate thread.

- Clubs: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-Clubs-with-bake-action-only-ever-bake-white-cak...
- Room Mates: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Roommate-doesn-t-stop-making-white-cake/m-p/919...

And there's NAPs that don't currently have a dedicated thread for white cakes only.

Do you have the foodies NAP active ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (356 Views)

Hero
@Lov2500 Would you mind sending me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (333 Views)

Re: Endless Cake

Hero
@ismartpanda Did the links I posted above help you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (332 Views)