Where’s the Network? loading screen

by ericandcal

Original Post

Where’s the Network? loading screen

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone XS
OS Version 12.3.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003080060269
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Log into my game
What do you expect to see? Every time I go to load my game, a message called “Where’s The Network?” pops up and then keeps me on the loading screen for hours and hours with that message popping up every minute. This goes on for days.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback I’ve tried data and WiFi as well as other devices (yes I’ve logged out on one device before I used the other) and other WiFi networks but all I get is this stupid message with my game not loading - I messaged EA Help on twitter and they can’t seem to fix it even when they reload a save. I’ve lost progress on events because I can’t get into my game and I’m too far and have too much money invested in packs and cash to quit. Sometimes it works after loading for a while, but it’s once again been days since I could get in! Somebody please figure this out. There’s no reason why this should happen - it happened a little bit before the latest update of the app but after it has gotten worse.

I can’t get into my game because of this Where’s the Network? message popping up every minute. This is not fair and I do not want to quit the game.

Message 1 of 9 (1,221 Views)

Re: Where’s the Network? loading screen

EA Live QV Team

Thank you for posting all the information @ericandcal. We're investigating this Standard smile 

Message 2 of 9 (1,190 Views)

Game won’t open; where’s the network crash.

★★★★★ Novice

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8 Plus
OS Version 12.3.2
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003862431670
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? playing the game with an iphone? i used to get the network message from time to time but i just closed the game, re open it and everything went back to normal. now it’s impossible.
What do you expect to see? just to play the game as usual.
Connection Type Wifi
Country mexico
Additional feedback i’ve also tried connecting with 3G (game won’t load) and 4G (game loads and lets me play for a little but it’ll eventually kick me out). the guys on facebook told me that there’s no way of specifically knowing if someone is working on my problem so i’m disappointed and frustrated.

List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8 Plus
OS Version 12.3.2
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003862431670
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? playing the game with an iphone? i can’t get past a minute playing without getting the “where’s the network?” message.
What do you expect to see? just to play as normal. this has been affecting my game for two weeks; i’ve lost wumples quests. 
Connection Type Wifi
Country mexico
Additional feedback i’ve also tried connecting with 3G (game won’t load) and 4G (game loads and lets me play for a little but it’ll eventually kick me out. the guys on facebook told me that there’s no way to specifically knowing if someone is working on my problem so i’m disappointed and frustrated.

Message 3 of 9 (1,178 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you. I really hope it can be fixed soon because I’m missing all the events and it’s very frustrating. I just tried another WiFi network and still nothing. 

Message 4 of 9 (1,169 Views)

@SimGuruMaaike wrote:

Thank you for posting all the information @ericandcal. We're investigating this Standard smile 

@plicearisoner I've merged your post with another post on this issue. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 9 (1,157 Views)

Re: Game won’t open; where’s the network crash.

★★★★★ Novice

I’ve lost progress on quests too - I used to be able to get into the game but as soon as I lock my phone or let the screen turn off, it kicks me out just like you. It’s something with certain people because when I download the app after deleting it, it loads fine and takes me to CAS but as soon as I go to load my cloud file, it does this again. 

Message 6 of 9 (1,143 Views)

Re: Game won’t open; where’s the network crash.

EA Live QV Team

@plicearisoner Can you verify if the player ID you posted is correct? If it is then please our contact customer support for help with connection troubleshooting https://help.ea.com. I've checked, you're not having the same issue as ericandcal and I suspect yours can be solved with troubleshooting. 

Message 7 of 9 (1,109 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Will the new update coming some day soon announced by the Sim Gurus on twitter MAYBE fix this? It’s been more than a week now and I still can’t get on to my game for some strange reason. I did all of the steps I should once again and nothing changed. 

Message 8 of 9 (1,035 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Updated the game and still the same thing! I really don’t want to give up on my level 50 account and stuff and really wanted to enjoy the new stuff! 

Message 9 of 9 (958 Views)