Where's the Network 2020

by MarinPhoenix

Original Post

Re: [Info Needed] Where's the Network Prompt since November 19 2019

★★★★★ Novice

The new update still shows Where's the Network on my phone. I think the update made it even worse, because before I can sometimes get in, but now I cannot get in at all.

Message 41 of 55 (2,044 Views)

Re: Transaction in Progress/Where's the Network -

EA Live QV Team

@dissenterjasmine Are you still experiencing the "Transaction in Progress" issue when trying to purchase packs since Tuesday's update? We think the issue might be related to the size of the images the game is trying to load. 

Message 42 of 55 (2,019 Views)

★★★ Guide

1. I noticing it 5 or 6 days ago. Everyday, any times of the day.

2. ID: 1003086651078

3. 7 out of 10times

4. I frequently get network prompt when I try to view a certain friend's house from my friends list. I have about a 30% chance of successfully viewing that friend's house, but even then it's very slow. It doesn't happen at all when I view other Friends' houses. It always happens when I try to view a certain friend's house. I’m playing TSM using WiFi and currently I rarely see any network prompts except in this case.

5. I've only been able to connect once on a retry. Even with a restart, I can't connect to her house.

6. WiFi

7. Download Mbps: 16.8
    Upload Mbps: 17.8

8. iPad 6th gen 13.3.1

9. Japan

Message 43 of 55 (1,886 Views)

★★★ Guide

1. Since April 20th, around midnight(UTC+9)

2. ID: 1003086651078

3. 10 out of 10times

4. When I tried to enter the game

5. No. I used to be able to get into the game by restarting the game, but since last night I can't enter the game.

6. WiFi

7. Download Mbps: 17.5
    Upload Mbps: 18.1
(Google speedtest)

8. iPad 6th gen 13.3.1

9. Japan

Message 44 of 55 (1,721 Views)

Game not loading up

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 11
OS Version 14.01
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What do you expect to see? I just want to be able to play the game without it being stuck in the loading screen doing nothing
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe, North America
Country England

Please can someone help me 😔
I haven't been able to get into my sims game since yesterday
I was having trouble loading the game a few days prior but I can't get into my game at all now. It's just won't load at all.
I've tried opening & closing the app. Hard resetting my phone. I deleted the app & re-installed it. It just won't load. I've contacted ea support & have done all the things they suggested & still nothing
I hope someone can help as I have put so much time & energy into this game & I really don't want to lose months of effort & hard work.

(CM: Second attachment removed to protect User ID)

Message 45 of 55 (1,583 Views)

Re: Game not loading up

★★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem as you. Game is stuck on the loading screen, and then ''Where's the Network'' message pops up. But I can play any other online games on the same phone...? Anyways, I have not been able to enter the game at all for the past two weeks. 

Opened a case, and today EA told me that this bug could be caused by an internal glitch in the game, AND that there were NO fix available. Very frustrating as I have spent money on the game, but can't even play it anymore...

I've heard on Reddit and Facebook that asking for an account-rollback could fix the issue, but EA always tells me that my account is ''not eligible for a rollback for internal reasons''. They won't even tell me that those internal reasons are...

My hypothesis is the game can't load our house because there is something wrong (internal glitch in the game? too many items in the house?), and that's why we're stuck on the loading screen.

Please find a fix for this! 

Message 46 of 55 (1,427 Views)

Hero

@Danny13111997 @tinylilfairy 

There were some improvements on this issue some months ago, but it's not 100% fixed.

The kind of device we use, other apps running on the background, etc. affect the game. I have a tablet I bought 4 years ago and it is running out of memory because all the OS updates. I notice it takes almost a minute to open the game and I get the 'Where is the Network?' prompt often.

I have merged your reports with an existing thread about this issue.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 47 of 55 (1,391 Views)

★ Novice

It's so upsetting & not fair! I've done all the suggestions I have been given & I know it's not a lack of space on my phone as I have over 100bg free space. I have so much room. I just don't understand why this is happening m it's been weeks now & there's no change. I'm missing all these cool events. Frown

Message 48 of 55 (1,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Here are some useful (?) information I sent to my case. 

1. The game doesn't load up only for my main account. I had to uninstall and redownload the game. Playing with the tutorial account works perfectly fine : I can enter the game, see other player's house, do tasks (you know, the ones you have to do during the tutorial). However, as soon as I complete the tutorial and log in back on my main account, the game brings me back to the blue loading screen (to load my main account), but then it just stays there. It's loading and loading and loading for a good 2-3 minutes, and then ''Where's the Network'' message appears. 

2. Friends say they can't view my house. They say they have to wait on the blue loading screen, but my house will never load anyways. So they just give up, close the game, re-open it, and do something else. 

3. I've discovered that after waiting for a long period of time, you will finally get pass the loading screen and enter the game. This is very inconsistent and needs more testing. It has worked for me 3 times so far --- I had to wait for around 45mins, 1hour30mins  and  2hours+. Just leave your phone opened on the blue loading screen, and MAYBE at some point, you will enter the game. 

Message 49 of 55 (1,364 Views)

Where's the Network 2020

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Xiaomi Redmi Note8 Pro
OS Version MIUI Global 12.0.2
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Where's my network is a bug that happens randomly and now already continuously. The game won't load.
What do you expect to see? I want the game to load normally and my friends can see my house. I have a good internet and all apps work well except of this game. I already lost my account because of this glitch.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Germany

I have already tested the game on a mobile connection and on another wifi. I have a new phone and a new account, but I lose the game for the third time due to a network glitch. every fall the same thing

Message 50 of 55 (1,346 Views)