Re: When will the crashing and freezing be addressed?

by Resmi9793

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@IthrynTelcontar In which case you may want to help get the extra diagnostics that will show what is killing your game. I explained how to do that here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Call-for-action-on-current-crashing-freezing-issue/m-p/9327036...
Message 11 of 50 (1,080 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Resmi9793 Thank you for the feedback. It's nice to see the players are trying to help. I guess for now I'll try clearing RAM memory before important battles.
Message 12 of 50 (1,070 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@IthrynTelcontar Even with the restart my first two battles crashed
Message 13 of 50 (1,069 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Cubfandan1973 If you read the (now quite long) thread I started, you'll see that I don't just restart. First thing I had to do was uninstall as many unused apps as possible to stop them from using RAM too. Doesn't matter if you haven't started them... Many have code that runs in the background - e.g. for notifications. I currently aim to have 1.5GB free before starting the game.
Message 14 of 50 (998 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Resmi9793 Not sure if it helps, I have not experienced one of these crashes. I use a Note10+ which has 12GB of RAM.

It is using 1.1GB for SWGOH while it is idling in the backround.
Message 15 of 50 (983 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Today game froze 2 times in GAC, causing me to lose this round, additionally just froze again in the fleet battle.

Android 10, Huawei P30 Pro, 8GB RAM

@CG - if you can't fix these constant game freezing at least make it so that we don't lose attempts / battles because of this as is getting very annoying...

Message 16 of 50 (947 Views)

★ Apprentice
@lifeisagame007 I would just like someone to acknowledge that this is being worked on. I have tried in the past to ask for help and I usually get blamed for it somehow. I have seen in the last few updates before this major tech update that things were working OK and now the crashes have just started in earnest again.
Message 17 of 50 (922 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@marcusopus Any type of acknowledgement would be nice, but from my experience with EA/CG it won't happen. Worst customer support/service I've ever dealt with. If I treated my clients like this I wouldn't have a job.
Message 18 of 50 (910 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Today I have been transferring my game accounts to Nox emulator and it seems works better this emulator in comparison with the others I tried (BlueStacks, Memu and LDPlayer). Sometimes it seems is going to crash, maybe freezes 2 seconds, but after it continues. Is crashing like 10 times less than BlueStacks, still crash but at least not freezes, but the crashes are similator to the BlueStacks crashes before the tech update, so with Nox works enough well for now, so if someone is having problems with BlueStacks, MeMu, LDPlayer or some other emulator the best is try Nox. AhnaldT101 tried it in the last streaming and then I got the idea about try it. I used Nox during some months, but it was crashing more than BlueStacks before the tech update, before that I preferred BlueStacks for this and other several reasons, like better macros configurations, better multi-instances management and other things, but now it seems Nox is working much more better than BlueStacks, almost the same than before the tech update, so from now I will use Nox until the devs solve the problem.

Message 19 of 50 (871 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just adding that 5 of my shard mates confirmed game freezing happened to them yesterday as well, all on Android smartphones.

Message 20 of 50 (860 Views)