Re: When will the crashing and freezing be addressed?

by QuimSWGoH

Original Post

When will the crashing and freezing be addressed?

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung
OS Version 4.4.2
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 778-626-195
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Since last update the game has continually crashes and freezes
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Test updates before launching?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country US

Just another thread to see if anything is being done about all the crashing and freezing that's happening since the last update. It's obviously a problem for many yet nothing seems to being done about it. Since this last update the game has pretty much been unplayable for me. It's happening in arena squad and fleet, making it impossible for me to climb during payout. One day I crashed 4 out of the 5 fleet attempts. Squad has been hit or miss, mostly miss. It caused me to lose the last 2 rounds in GAC. Made TW attacking impossible. Oh and my favorite one so far has been losing 70 GL tickets on tier 6 of REY's ultimate quest. But you know those tickets are easy to come by. And most recently TB. I was excited about finally getting to try REY but as soon as I loaded in, crash. Bye bye REY squad. This caused me to leave my guild of almost 3 years so they could fill my spot with someone more useful. So frustrating. Frustrating mostly because nothing is being done about it. Your "help" team is anything but helpful. They usually start off with "This is the first time I'm hearing about this". And the answers I do get seem to be coming from a "troubleshooting for dummies" book. Then they close the case without ever really fixing or doing anything. Shortly after that I get and email asking for feedback on their support, "We'll keep this short so you can get back to enjoying your game, but how did we do?" LOL JFC. Silly, just silly. All I want to know is will anything be done about this mess or is it just time to move on?  

Message 1 of 50 (2,080 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Cubfandan1973Yeah this is very frustrating, I'm playing on BlueStacks and the game is crashing constantly, same for most of Android devices. Yesterday AhnaldT101 did a YouTube streaming and the game crashed 3 times, when he has very good PC, one of them at 4:55 of a battle, he needed restart the application. I have a good PC also and maybe I open the game in BlueStacks and immediately crash, sometimes I need oepn 3-4 times the game to finally work, but in less than 10 minutes freezes and crashes again.

I hope they are working on it. If not, it means they not play the game LOL

Message 2 of 50 (2,026 Views)

★ Apprentice
@QuimSWGoH They will never fix this. I had a rash of crashing that disappeared and then this new round started. They will blame it on your device somehow and absolve all responsibility for it happening.
Message 3 of 50 (1,920 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah i'm suffering the same and running on samsung android 4.4.2 

game will crash on load screens, arena (even with the clock at 5.01 before the toons are loaded in ), fleet etc 

this all started from the last update and needs to be hotfixed asap

Message 4 of 50 (1,882 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Quesovercoatl Yeah - this is proving tricky to solve. If you want to help, you could try looking at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Call-for-action-on-current-crashing-freezing-issue/m-p/9327036...
Message 5 of 50 (1,853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Alright guys enough is enough. FIX YOUR GAME. It's been 3 weeks now and the crashing and freezing continues. And once again I just lost 70 GL tickets. Unreal. I wasted months farming a bunch of crap toons and now I can't even finish the last crappy one. This is the 2nd time I've lost 70 tickets. I've done all the troubleshooting for nothing. If anything the game crashes and freezes seemed to spread. First it was mostly arena, mainly fleet. Then GA/TW/TB. Now I'm getting it in GW and just random places. What's the deal? Other posts are saying it's a memory thing. Well I cleared 6GB of space and it still continued. I even went as far as factory resetting my device. Still happening. Not as much, but still doing it. Why are we the players trying to fix this when it's clearly a problem on your end. And I've yet to see anyone say or address anything. Beyond frustrated here. Time to step up guys

Message 6 of 50 (1,780 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Cubfandan1973 Yeah - the silence is deafening, isn't it... Note that my analysis so far is that it is RAM, not storage that matters. That's probably why your factory reset helped. Uninstalling other apps will help as it will stop them running in the background (e.g. for notifications) and so usin up the RAM. The storage gain is just a side benefit... if you can persaude yourself that crippling a device for one app is any sort of benefit!
Message 7 of 50 (1,746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Resmi9793   Nothing to do with the RAM or CPU, or maybe yes but nothing you can do to stop that problem. We can see that youtubers with very good PC are having that problem constantly, like Ahnald. I have 16 GB RAM and with 1 instance my CPU is at 40% and the RAM at 6 of 16 GB, so still I have 60% of CPU available and 10 GB of RAM available, but anyway the game crashes constantly in BlueStacks. In my iPhone SE (2016) is not happening this problem and is full of apps installed, almost I not have memory storage available, so a lot of them working in the background, because most of them are chat apps that keep running in the background, and is supposed that this phone only has 2 GB RAM, so it seems is not 100% because of the RAM and/or CPU, is because other problems, so better don't recommend do these things because will not work, the only way to solve this will be when they fix the problem. In BlueStacks I'm having the same perfomance with 1 or 2 instances, so adding another 3-4 GB of RAM to the usage and with the CPU working at 100% still is the same that with only 1 instance, I tried use different RAM configurations, different CPU priorities, 3 different emulators, switch to OpenGL or DIrectX, but the performance is always the same, nothing change, so nothing you can do will solve or reduce that problem, the only guys who can solve it are the developers, let's see if in the early August update that they announced to remove the accounts transfer option also is included some improvement about this problem.

Message 8 of 50 (1,721 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@QuimSWGoH Totally agree that there is only one way this will be properly resolved... A fix from the devs.

Every single one of my crashes has resulted from something that looks like a memory allocation failure. That is nearly always because of leaked memory in the app. As such, increasing RAM (e.g. through the engine setting inside bluestacks) won't fix it, but it may lessen the symptoms. If that helps make the game more stable for longer, it may at lest reduce some users frustration.

As it stands right now, I restart the game as often as possible (especially just before key battles that cannot be restarted) to work around the issue. And it sucks... but I see fewer crashes.
Message 9 of 50 (1,698 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I wish reloading helped. I started out thinking it was having other apps open on my phone (or trying out the restart thing you note), but I've had it happen the very first battle in. Other times, I can go a whole GA's worth of battles and not have it occur (or it will occur during the fleet battle and lose me the match because of it). 

Message 10 of 50 (1,667 Views)