When I visit a retail store there is no one

by beatrix137

Original Post

When I visit a retail store there is no one

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Today I was visiting some of the retail stores other of my played sims owned and when I got there I find no one. It was as if the store was close. I could use the bathroom or the chairs, etc., but I couldn't buy anything. I stayed there for hours but the place was deserted. I could see people walking around the lot but they never get in.
I don't remember when this started to happen, because I don't usually go shopping, but I remember I could buy from this owned stores.
I don't use mods, I've removed the only CC content I have (a piercing), I've repaired the game, but nothing works.

Edit: Sorry but I don't know how to move this to The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Message 1 of 6 (2,488 Views)

Re: When I visit a retail store there is no one

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@beatrix137  np moved it for you Standard smile  might be tomorrow before you receive  reply just bookmark the page so you'll   be able to find it again

@crinrict  please and thank you in advance

Message 2 of 6 (2,467 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you!! Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (2,454 Views)

Hero

Could you start a new game for testing purposes to see if you have the same issue there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,442 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your help!!

Ok, so I tried in a new game and the retail stores worked properly.

Returning to my game, I saw that the owners of the stores that weren't working have problems to open the stores and I couldn't transfer money (I got a message that said that I didn't have enough money or something like that and the ''open'' was unabled). 

I tried to sell the store in live mode but I could't, so I ended selling it in the map (where the sims appear as owners).This took the game a little bit of time, as if at first it didn't recognize it.

Then I bought the lot again and it worked properly (visiting and running it). The only problem is that I lost all the experience and the upgrades, as if I was new. I did the same to the other retail store and now everything is working fine.

I want to add, that this didn't happened to the retail store that I use the most, so I don't have any idea of why this happened. If I have this problem again, I'l pay attention to the details.

By the way, sorry if I write a lot to say something simple, but english is not my language and sometimes is hard to explain myself.Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (2,435 Views)

Hero

Retail Stores that stop working have been reported before, I'll need to check if there's a thread around for those and if so, merge this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (2,425 Views)