Re: What happened to the ping indicator?

by eb7252

Original Post

What happened to the ping indicator?

★★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 19
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? JUST- KICKIN_IT
Date/time issue occurred NA
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Online head to head
Summarize your bug Ping allows opponents to see if your connection is insufficient.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reimplement the ping indicator!!!!
What happens when the bug occurs? Causes terrible game play! Game lags not able to have a good online experience.
What do you expect to see? A ping indicator in M20.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. Na
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Na
Enter RAM memory size in GB 500GB

Please reimplement the ping indicator in all online modes to insure the best gameplay possible. This might stop the complainant of lagging, etc..and propell Madden to the next level.

Message 1 of 3 (339 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for your suggestion! Lag can be annoying to deal with when you're trying to play, especially for pass plays. Do you experience it a lot?

We have some steps below that can help improve connectivity. Even if you feel it is coming from the opponents end, it's not a bad idea to run through these real quick which take less than 5 minutes. Worth a try!

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

PS4:

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 3 (310 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Thanks for responding to my suggestion. I was told by a couple of people in my franchise

community that you don't care. I've had 1gb up/1gb down for over 3 years connected via LAN. My ping is 2-3 sec. But I want to see my opponents, that would be great! Bringing it back would a game changer!!!😂The lag is almost always on my opponents end or its the game. Madden being madden!!!😂

Message 3 of 3 (303 Views)