Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Welcome Scenarios not giving the option to start a new save

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello! Here we go...

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, stuff packs, & kits currently available.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? From the main menu, choose a scenario to play. It will load you into an existing save without giving you the option to start a new save.
What happens when the bug occurs? The player must use the save that the game has chosen; for me it's been the most recent save played (the one from the main menu that pops in as Resume).
What do you expect to see? I expect to see step 3 of how to play a scenario which allows me to, "choose whether you'd like to start a new save, or use an existing save."
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? All were removed for the update; am currently playing vanilla.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, after the 30 August patch.

Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you in advance!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title to make clear which scenarios.

Message 1 of 13 (7,310 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Welcome Scenarios not giving the option to start a new save

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as the issue it was reporting was decided to be functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide.

Thanks!

EACade

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (1,473 Views)

All Replies

Re: Scenarios not giving the option to start a new save

★★★★ Pro

I am seeing this also, but mainly with the three new welcome scenarios since you are playing with the household they provide. 

Open photo

Prior to the Aug 30 update, I noticed that if you chose to use an existing household, it no longer lets you pick the save, you have to make sure that the household you want to play with is in your most recent save. Also, if you chose a new household that wasn't in a new save, it would also default to using the last save you played, i.e. it also doesn't let you choose the save you want to play in, so using the most recent save isn't new, I believe it happened after the last big scenario update. Prior to that you could choose the household from your saves menu. 

I currently have my mods folder out, and also noticed this previously with my mods folder out (I take it out and delete my localthumbcache after every update ).

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer 

PC: 1.91.186.1030

Message 2 of 13 (7,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@simplydawn Which scenarios are you having issues with ?

There seem to a few that aren't compatible with existing saves and the 3 Tutorial ones that state you play with a certain household. The rest is working fine for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (7,258 Views)

★★★ Novice

The three new scenarios automatically load you into your most recently played game without any options. For example, my last played game is my legacy challenge and when I choose one of the new scenarios it automatically moves my sim into that game. The rest of the scenarios give you an option to choose. I have no mods.

Message 4 of 13 (7,227 Views)

Hero
Still not sure if this is intended or not but as a workaround you can just move your saves folder to the desktop, then start the game.

This will just make a new save to start the welcome scenarios.

After that you can move your old saves back from your desktop folder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (7,181 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hi! Sorry that I just saw this. I was trying out the newest scenarios; first the Curious/shadow one then the Martínez/parenting one. I assumed they were behaving this way by design (see note below by GardenSim00) so I just played them as is. Thank you, though!
Message 6 of 13 (6,350 Views)

Re: Welcome Scenarios not giving the option to start a new save

★★★★ Novice

I also have this problem.

Tested it real quick. None of the welcome scenarios give me the option to choose a save. They just immediately go to the last save. Tested by creating an entirely new save, dropped a randomly made sim into a lot, saved and went back to the main menu. Then selected one of the Welcome Scenarios and it loaded straight into that last save, complete with the random sim I made.

So I exited back to main and tried some of the other scenarios. A pop up window came up and gave me a choice between New, Existing, and New Household in New Save. Not all the scenarios had all the options available, but the window still popped up and the option that wasn't compatible was greyed out. So the rest of the scenarios are working fine.

Even selecting one of the welcome scenarios in one of the other categories loaded up the last save. So it didn't matter which version of it I clicked.

Message 7 of 13 (5,939 Views)

Re: Welcome Scenarios not giving the option to start a new save

Champion

May or may not be intended, but certainly potentially confusing, especially for new players who were (I thought) who they were targeting the welcome scenarios to. Still not convinced that confusion over the potential to have multiple households in the same save is not what’s behind this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/Sims-4-saved-games-disappeared-after-playing-scenar...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 8 of 13 (5,919 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am a brand new player and didn't realize this was happening until recently.  It should be altered.  I am worried now I might have accidentally deleted one of my mom's save games because of this.  At least add a pop up confirming you want to play in "name of save game" or letting you pick one.

Message 9 of 13 (5,195 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have this issue with the three welcome scenarios. It's fine with the others, but the scenarios with premade families load immediately into the latest save file. It makes me unable to play those scenarios because I don't want them to take place in my old, long-lasting saves.

Message 10 of 13 (3,737 Views)