Weird friend message that makes no sense

by Alliecat7803

Original Post

Weird friend message that makes no sense

Champion (Retired)

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Trying to join a game, it is loading, get a message "Your friend is finishing up a game, please try again." then you are kicked back to the menus. Not trying to play with a friend, no friends are online.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Alliecat7803
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? Trying to load a game just like any other day, but on some occasions, you get the message about a friend in the games, then you are kicked back to the menus. But no friends are in the games at all, and wasn't even trying to get into a game with friends recently.
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Has also happened to my spouse.  It's pretty rare, not a game breaker, but one of those annoying little things because you have to wait for the menus to reload, then wait again to join another game.  

Message 1 of 8 (1,464 Views)

Re: Weird friend message that makes no sense

Champion (Retired)

happened again today.

Message 2 of 8 (1,430 Views)

★ Novice
Happens to me too, I have not friends.
Message 3 of 8 (1,347 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I believe this happened to me once sincew I started playing this game, but never again.

Message 4 of 8 (1,333 Views)

I've had this message when I played this game with some friends. That is a long time ago but it popped up when I tried to join a match and we were all just waiting in the menu.

Message 5 of 8 (1,328 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This hasn't happened to me in ages, but it (along with a lot of other game loading bugs) has appeared again a number of times since the hotfix update yesterday. 

Message 6 of 8 (1,312 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I've kind of noticed a lot of weird little problems that I had in the past (like 6-8 months ago), but that haven't been a problem for months, and they are popping up again, like this one.  The bad game loading issues and being dumped into empty servers seem to have reverted to an old state of the game with the hotfix.  

Message 7 of 8 (1,305 Views)

Champion

Agreed.  Saw it yesterday.  Just trying to join in a game that was full. Then while in the Queue, the message pops up, then goes back to the menu. Perhaps it happens while waiting and not doing anything else. I have had some success going to Arcade and then back to join in and it has gone away. However that may be that a certain amount of time has passed and now the slot is open to join...

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 8 of 8 (1,285 Views)