Weird bugs

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Not relevant
Enter RAM memory size in GB Not relevant but like 32GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Draknost
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? N/A
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Anything
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01.10.19
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot 'thank/you're welcome' teammates, nor can I use the same button to talk during drop. When they they thank me, the option flashes to say you're welcome, but the key it says to use is a square with a / through it. Might be a \ Either way, I cannot do it. It worked in season 2, only thing I did was download season 3 and hop into a match, did NOT touch keybindings. Have combed through key bindings, nothing else was bound to H (previous default for these actions). Saw one thing I thought was possibly that action in the controls, bound it to H. No change in status.
What should be happening instead? Should be able to press H to say thanks/you're welcome/legend action during drop.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, I'm assuming this is happening for everyone? Would be mighty weird if it was just me.

Cannot 'thank/you're welcome' teammates, nor can I use the same button to talk during drop. When they they thank me, the option flashes to say you're welcome, but the key it says to use is a square with a / through it. Might be a \ Either way, I cannot do it. It worked in season 2, only thing I did was download season 3 and hop into a match, did NOT touch keybindings. Have combed through key bindings, nothing else was bound to H (previous default for these actions). Saw one thing I thought was possibly that action in the controls, bound it to H. No change in status.

Message 1 of 2 (152 Views)

Re: Weird bugs

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, figured it out.  Your 'quality control' process seems to have consisted entirely of 'does this look rad!?' this time around.  You bound "H" to one of the new legend's actions, even though it was ALREADY a default for something else in game.  So then, rather than have the patch change that default for everyone, you let it just break it.  The good news is if you 'reset to default' the controls (even though mine were never NOT default) it reassigns the missing actions to F1.  

I've also found some places where if you walk up to the walls, you can see through them, but I'll let you guys figure that out as you bleed players due to your 'quality control'.

Message 2 of 2 (96 Views)