Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? CODYyoungSON
Date/time issue occurred 9/12/19 11:00pm-ish
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? MUT Champions
Summarize your bug Every weekend league I'm getting 1-3 instant disconnects like that was happening in first weekend of weekend league. I never disconnect in any other mode. This only happens in weekend league and it happens right when I get into the game. It disconnects then counts as a loss for me. I thought this was patched and am wondering why I'm still getting these disconnects and how I can fix this. I want to stop getting losses for no reason. As I said this happens about 1-3 times out of 25 weekend league games.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play weekend league. I'm hearing reports from other players on twitter that it's happening on playstation also.
What happens when the bug occurs? You load up a weekend league game. Right when you start to see the starting game intro. A message pops up and says you've lost connection to your peer BUT it gives me the loss when I get back to the main menu.
What do you expect to see? I expect to not disconnect or not take a loss. Every game counts in weekend league and taking losses for no reason can hurt rewards at the end of the weekend.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. N/A
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? N/A
Enter RAM memory size in GB N/A

Every weekend league I'm getting 1-3 instant disconnects like that was happening in first weekend of weekend league. I never disconnect in any other mode. This only happens in weekend league and it happens right when I get into the game. It disconnects then counts as a loss for me. I thought this was patched and am wondering why I'm still getting these disconnects and how I can fix this. I want to stop getting losses for no reason. As I said this happens about 1-3 times out of 25 weekend league games.

Message 1 of 4 (495 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Weekend League Instant Disconnects Are Back

Community Manager

@PLURellisD  @CODYyoungSON 

Thanks for raising this to us and it pains me to hear what happened to you both. Good news though is that rewards will be doubled this weekend and we want to make sure you can take advantage of that without any disconnections affecting the outcome of your rewards.

Before going into the Weekend League, please try these basic steps below so we know that these steps have been covered. A simple reboot of the network can repair most connectivity problems players face in games. If you continue to experience disconnections after these steps, immediately contact our Live-Support team or EA Help on Twitter so our Madden team can be notified. 

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

PS4:

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

Xbox One:

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (401 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Ive had this problem as well. It loads a match all the way until you can start hearing stadium sounds. For like a brief moment, then all sound cuts out and the screen goes black and then back to the Xbox home screen. Im 5 games into weekend league and 2 out of the 5 games have disconnected like this. Ridiculous.

Message 2 of 4 (429 Views)

Community Manager

@PLURellisD  @CODYyoungSON 

Thanks for raising this to us and it pains me to hear what happened to you both. Good news though is that rewards will be doubled this weekend and we want to make sure you can take advantage of that without any disconnections affecting the outcome of your rewards.

Before going into the Weekend League, please try these basic steps below so we know that these steps have been covered. A simple reboot of the network can repair most connectivity problems players face in games. If you continue to experience disconnections after these steps, immediately contact our Live-Support team or EA Help on Twitter so our Madden team can be notified. 

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

PS4:

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

Xbox One:

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 4 (402 Views)

★★★ Novice

Stop with this, reboot your connection crap. People see the cards and quit. It happens every time and only when the cards are shown. I have seen so many complaints in several FB groups about this. How about just calling it a no contest? Why the hell do we get hit with a loss when they quit? Makes no sense.

Message 4 of 4 (295 Views)