Re: Weeding animation loops and weeds aren't removed

by browc8669

Original Post

★★ Pro

I found a workaraound! Put the plant in your household inventory and then back and your weeds should be gone for good!

(I tried editing my previous comment but for some reason I couldn't send it)

Message 11 of 265 (7,753 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@siirysiir Bur this doesn't actually solve the problem and I still can't have my sims actually tend to their garden or weed. Very frustrating. How has EA not fixed this yet
Message 12 of 265 (7,728 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Understand, they had so much to do w/ new hairstyles and correcting pronouns.

Message 13 of 265 (7,710 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been having this problem also. this started a couple of months ago before taking a break for about a month; just started game back up & still having this issue. I have all EPs, GPs, SPs & all Kits except First Fits (no kids) & my game is fully updated/patched. Also, I just tried setting a couple of plants (trees) to "Weed-Free" using Shift-Click and choosing "Gardening State" then "Weeds"; weeds did disappear for a few seconds then came back. Removed mods/cc as well as the localthumbcache, localuicache & avatarcache files; weeding still loops.

Message 14 of 265 (7,666 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 265 (7,630 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Weeding animation loops and weeds aren't removed

★★★ Newbie

I just had this problem occur for the first time (although I have had a few other new bugs recently) and I just fixed it by going into Build/Buy mode and moving the plants and then putting them back where I had them. It wasn't enough just to click on them, I had to move them to a different spot for the weeds to disappear. I realized after this that the plants that were bugging out were out of season (my save is currently in winter, they were fall plants) and as soon as the weeds disappeared, they went back into dormant mode. Maybe that has something to do with it? Hope this helps...

Message 16 of 265 (7,555 Views)

★ Apprentice

I too am dealing with this now, I thought it was a mod thing but it’s just started happening to me in the past few days, really infuriating because my plants are in perfect condition Frown 

Message 17 of 265 (7,460 Views)

★ Apprentice

That’s interesting it is currently winter and that’s when the bug started 

Message 18 of 265 (7,459 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this problem as well on the playstation 4. I had it with a sage bush, a money tree and a banana tree. They were standing on soil. I got it solved by buying planters and placing the plants in there. In live mode, the weeds re-appeard, but now my sim could remove the weeds as they were supposed to.

Message 19 of 265 (7,384 Views)

EA Sims Team
Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 20 of 265 (7,270 Views)